Another wrecked bird by newbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been using P4P for 8 days. Always during day time. On the eighth day I decided to see how the night shots would look like. I was quite surprised to see the drone does not hold the position and it started moving. I tried to maneuver it but wasn't fast enough so it caught one of the building angles (lucky it was not oo high - about 1.8 meters high) As a result, the ribbon cable parted and the camera holder was cracked too. I ran it again just to see if it can still move. The drone was acting as before, but the message on the screen said hardawre malfunction. Whelp, at least it could still fly. I sent it to Hong Kong an week ago and today it arrived to HK. I hope it will not cost me too much to repair it.
So another lesson learned: if you want to run it at night, make sure to do it in an open space.

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_124714.jpg
    IMG_20170320_124714.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,143
Hi everyone. I've been using P4P for 8 days. Always during day time. On the eighth day I decided to see how the night shots would look like. I was quite surprised to see the drone does not hold the position and it started moving. I tried to maneuver it but wasn't fast enough so it caught one of the building angles (lucky it was not oo high - about 1.8 meters high) As a result, the ribbon cable parted and the camera holder was cracked too. I ran it again just to see if it can still move. The drone was acting as before, but the message on the screen said hardawre malfunction. Whelp, at least it could still fly. I sent it to Hong Kong an week ago and today it arrived to HK. I hope it will not cost me too much to repair it.
So another lesson learned: if you want to run it at night, make sure to do it in an open space.
HI I do a lot of flying in the dark,,,,I always make sure I got GPS and home point before liftoff,,,,all the best for future flights:)

HI I do a lot of flying in the dark,,,,I always make sure I got GPS and home point before liftoff,,,,all the best for future flights:)
Thanks. Now I realize that I lifted it too quicknso it was not able to catch the home point and gps yet.
Question: when it is dark, can the P4P still fly in P mode? Or only in Atti mode?

Thanks. Now I realize that I lifted it too quicknso it was not able to catch the home point and gps yet.
Question: when it is dark, can the P4P still fly in P mode? Or only in Atti mode?
Can fly all modes when dark ,,,you can also get strobes lights light stick to help keep a visual eye on it,,,,,14912489738961026845296.jpgthese cheap strobes I can see it plus extra led lights on front

Reactions: B25J and Boz

Flying at night with limited visuals is an advanced flight move. Takes a _lot_ of experience even to fly at night in open spaces. But to fly close to a building....

Night flying is going to negate the collision avoidance as well.

Flying at night with limited visuals is an advanced flight move. Takes a _lot_ of experience even to fly at night in open spaces. But to fly close to a building....

Night flying is going to negate the collision avoidance as well.
Yeh I fly with mine off,,,,,,even in day time ,,,only use vps

Sorry to hear man, nobody wants to stack their bird!✌

I've flown mine a few times at night and it operates the same as daytime flight, except it has no OA because of the low light condition.
Sure you weren't in Atti Mode by mistake, just a thought.

Reactions: Boz
That last question was for ianzone
Um you can get heaps of different types off eBay or try make some to save a $$I made these with 9volt batteries...only extra 126grams in weight but very bright 1491257039196-1284533206.jpg 1491261118378-664729932.jpg 1491261118378-664729932.jpg 1491261218011-1595837192.jpg 1491261289004-1031548976.jpg

I would recommend to you trying the flight simulator on the DJI go app. The flight simulator gets you famailiar with flying the phantom like (P) (A) (F) modes. Its the safest & cheapest way to learn these quads first hand.
Fly safe[emoji4][emoji106]

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for some days and realized people got into the same issues as me for 2 reasons:
1. GPS drifting error and
2. YAW_ERROR_LARGE error.

As I said my unit is still with DJI, so I can't get the log, but I have a video of its take off, so may be some experienced guys may tell me what the hell happened?
As you can see on the video, it started drifting as soon as I raised it about +- 50 meters and the DJI Go app said maximum altitude reached.

Do you think if any of these 2 errors confirm, will it be covered under DJI warranty?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for some days and realized people got into the same issues as me for 2 reasons:
1. GPS drifting error and
2. YAW_ERROR_LARGE error.

As I said my unit is still with DJI, so I can't get the log, but I have a video of its take off, so may be some experienced guys may tell me what the hell happened?
As you can see on the video, it started drifting as soon as I raised it about +- 50 meters and the DJI Go app said maximum altitude reached.

Do you think if any of these 2 errors confirm, will it be covered under DJI warranty?
I believe you went into ATTI mode

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20