Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Another way to use your Flytrex data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OI Photography, Jul 16, 2014.

1. OI Photography

I just stumbled across this a few minutes ago while answering a thread in one of the P2 sections, I don't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere around here. http://gps4sport.com/ is a service that lets you visualize the GPS data the Flytrex collects as a track on a Google Earth plot, with your video embedded and synchronized. The only catch is you will first need to export the data from Flytrex's website in KML format and convert with this: http://kml2gpx.com/

Once you have the data in GPX format, you can import it to gps4sport and add and sync your vid. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks pretty cool so far.

2. Pull_Up

That's a really good find. The XML export from the Flytrex site is easy enough, and as a linux user I'm unable to run Dashware so this is a really interesting concept. Off to explore this a bit. Thanks!

3. OI Photography

Cool, I was hoping someone would try it out before I got a chance to (after I get around to reinstalling my v1 Flytrex).

For those who are Dashware-enabled, it looks like it would also be possible to overlay Dashware displays on the vid before uploading/embedding, for the full mash-up experience.

4. BigTulsa

I couldn't get it to work. Kept screaming about having more than one trk node in the xml. Looks promising but not working currently.

5. klubbnz

'more than one trk node' is because of the two lines output in the kml. The actual path and the shadow path.

I deleted the shadow path/track, but come up with another problem. I can't remember what it is but I'll check again.

6. klubbnz

This is the next error message I got when uploading a GPS to GPS4Sport.

"Error processing file. Cannot detect valid GPGGA point for 10 concurrent points"

Any ideas?