Another small tip for Noobs...

Cjrt546 said:
Keep crashing slinger....your motors will thank you for it. ;)

Keep crashing... What is your problem?

Gee... I wonder. You wouldn't actually BE Khaki here under a different name, now would you? That would explain everything. Including the attitude...

Someone told me you were already thrown out of here once, Khaki. Can't take a hint?

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Cjrt546 said:
Slinger .....Khakis1999 posted weeks ago about the safest way to land. You read it. You thought you knew better. You crashed on landing. You than posted Khakis1999 grab out of the air suggestion that he posted here on phantompilots.com weeks ago suggestion as if you came up with it. Give the man his proper pounds stop being a phony.

Whassup with this? To suggest this idea "belongs" to any one individual is noble, but misguided. Quadrotors (as they were once called) have been around since 1920. This suggestion belongs to no one & every one... If you fly heli's or quad's long enough, you will eventually figure this out for yourself like everyone else (after enough flips & crashes).

iDrone

Hey... People... It's Christmas. Can we have a moratorium on this horse **** for at least the remainder of the day?

Merry Christmas to all y'all

-Slinger

I'm loving the splattering of noobs on here of late!

First off people, read the manual, then memorise the manual (all of them) and keep up with the revisions too! Taking off full throttle is the way dji want you to take off, in fact back in FW 3.XX (for the original phantom) they changed the way the motors speed up for take off, you had to give 50% or more throttle before the motor speed would increase! This prevented people taking off to lightly and crashing the unit!

Shutting off using the CSC is a personal preference, do what you feel is comfortable, but if you haven't tried a particular method, don't dismiss it as being more difficult and don't tell people the best way to do things if you haven't tried them yourself, you may just find a bunch of veteran phantom pilots who disagree :)

As for grabbing them out of the air, I've seen videos of multicoptors being used and you wouldn't guess it, the pilot launches it from his hand, and grabs it on landing! Who'd have thought! Oh, this video is getting on about 5 years old now! . . .
And before that, when I was a kid I seen plenty of fixed wing rc pilots launching by hand and a couple (brave) few who would catch it!

Yeah, Merry Christmas to all. Fwiw, I consider taking off and landing a skill unto themselves. Flying is what you do in between. It is perfectly possible to both take off and land slowly and under complete control, prop wash notwithstanding. Full sized craft do it all the time. Yeah, I know it's a model and all about scaling of forces. I can do it, so it IS possible. It' no biggie. It just takes practice. Whether you do or you don't prefer to do this is a personal choice.

PF

Cjrt546 said:
Slinger are you up in the air.....or still crashing and bashing your bird?....stop stealing the ideas of others and passing them of as yours. Grow up get a life.

Merry Christmas to all... Even you, ignorant little turd... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

Cjrt546 said:
Slinger are you up in the air.....or still crashing and bashing your bird?....stop stealing the ideas of others and passing them of as yours. Grow up get a life.

I'm very new to this forum. It seems like there is quite a bit of good advice here. I just find it hard to believe that the people who run this forum allow this kind of harassment. Is this normal? I should maybe try a different forum for the Phantom Vision?

gillis

Cjrt546 said:

For Christmas this year, I got you this hint: you're making a fool of yourself. Nowhere does gunslinger claim, insinuate, hint, or otherwise suggest that he is the originator of that tip, and your incessant hounding about it makes it sound like you have some other agenda...which makes your "get a life" statement rather ironic. I don't credit the originator of any tips I give here, nor does anybody else. Let it go, or take it outside please.

Areee with Slinger, after a couple of near tip overs on take off and a couple of real tip overs on landing I have learned how to use his advice on full throttle take off and I saw the video showing catching on landing both work great. :D

Good advise to us Noobs! Thanks

Gillis said:
Cjrt546 said:

I'm very new to this forum. It seems like there is quite a bit of good advice here. I just find it hard to believe that the people who run this forum allow this kind of harassment. Is this normal? I should maybe try a different forum for the Phantom Vision?

gillis

Don't let the actions of this idiot change your view of this forum. Of the hundreds or maybe thousands of people on this forum he is the only one I have seen that is not doing his best to be helpful to others. I have gained a lot of knowledge from the forum and I do my best to return the favor when I can help.

I believe this is Khakis1999 who I think may have been removed from the forum for his behavior and has come back as Cjrt546. He either has a drinking or other problem and hopefully will be removed again soon as most of what he posts is done to irritate others.

On another note "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL" and thanks for all the advice I have received from forum members.

pileosnafu said:
I was just out flying and after seeing two or three suggestion for landing of grabbing it I thought about it. With any wind like I had tonight, NOPE NOPE NOPE. I grabbed it once on a windless night in the middle of nowhere, and wasn't sure about doing a power off as it was doing it's best attempt to hover in place.

Absolutely... If you're in GPS mode, grabbing one of the struts is going to stop the Phantom from doing what it's supposed to do in GPS mode, which is keeping level flight at the last prescribed coordinates. But... You're actually holding it very close where it wants to be. You'll hear he props trying to follow the rules of the algorithm, but only for a short time, as they'll shut down in under five seconds after you push and hold the throttle down to the lowest level...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1