(Another) RTH Altitude Question

Reaction score
Guys & Gals...

Not sure if this variant of question has been asked before so here goes:

If I have set my RTH altitude at 100'(AGL) and my P2 is flying at a higher AGL altitude when
the RTH function is activated will the P3 descend to the prescribed altitude -or- will it remain at the higher altitude and proceed to RTH?

TIA for any thoughts.

:harry

I would check that. I have mine set at 40' and was flying at 100+ feet and it did not descend to the 40' setting when I flew last night as used RTH for landing.

I can verify this... I was filming up a mountain with trees and lost contact which initiated RTH. After watching the video during the RTH, my P3P came within 5 feet of clipping a treetop. If it were to descend to the set RTH altitude setting it would have definitely crashed. Thank the DJI gods for getting that right!!!

RTH is working as it is suppose to for me. My problem lies with the new Home Point setting. If I enable a new Home Point for my bird the message is as follow: ...When required, it will return to this point at a minimum altitude of 0.0M...

This is despite the fact that my failsafe altitude is set at 40'. To be able to verify this I need to be able to fly but the weather has not been cooperative at all so far. it should recognize my failsafe setting no? I always cancel the command and do not proceed further and I wonder that if I proceed with the command if will then recognize the 40' failsafe entered in my settings? Any thoughts?

RTH is working as it is suppose to for me. My problem lies with the new Home Point setting. If I enable a new Home Point for my bird the message is as follow: ...When required, it will return to this point at a minimum altitude of 0.0M...

This is despite the fact that my failsafe altitude is set at 40'. To be able to verify this I need to be able to fly but the weather has not been cooperative at all so far. it should recognize my failsafe setting no? I always cancel the command and do not proceed further and I wonder that if I proceed with the command if will then recognize the 40' failsafe entered in my settings? Any thoughts?

Yes this is an error in the application. The on screen message displays your current altitude of the P3 on this screen, not your failsafe altitude. For example, if you flew your drone up to 10M height, the message would say: ..When required, it will return to this point at a minimum altitude of 10M according to your failsafe setting... when you reset your Homepoint to the current aircrafts position. In your case, you're likely testing it on the ground, so that's why it's reporting 0.0M.

The good news is that in spite of this screen reporting the current altitude at time of reset instead of the failsafe setting, the bird does respect your failsafe setting. Hopefully they will fix this display error in the next release.

Reactions: Yves
Thanks guys for the responses to my question. I'm flying longer and longer range FPV flights with my P3 and it occurred to me today the if the RTH had activated and the P3 descended to my preset RTH altitude I could have had a really bad day.

:harry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj