Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Another ribbon cable replacement question (sorry)

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by jburnard, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jburnard

I know this is a widely covered topic but I'm just getting started with my new H3 3D. If I use the part and steps in Beelines instructions here:
    viewtopic.php?t=22798

How will that work (or won't it) with the DJI Hub?

So far I haven't done any soldering... I have the Hub and the DJI transmitter and iOSD but now that I've upgraded to the H3 3D I'm just waiting for that stupid ribbon cable to break so I guess I'm back to ordering parts. Just wondering what the process will be to get this working with my setup.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Jim

2. QYV

QYV

ok hangon we need to be very specific about this: If you were to purchase the device in the original post that you link, then it would NOT integrate into the system you have because it uses a A/V cable not the Zenmuse ribbon cable... you'd have to splice and solder cables (like I did).

however on page 6 of the thread a NEW part was linked (below)which DOES have a Hero port + Zenmuse ribbon cable and therefore integrates straight into the gimbal and does not affect any FPV equipment "down the line"
    http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-h3-3d-3- ... -part.html

as you can see that item has the hero port but also has a Zenmuse ribbon cable. Simply follow my picture instructions on page 7 of the thread you linked and you should be fine... no change to your DJI hub or any other FPV equipment

3. jburnard

QYV, Thank you! That's extremely helpful!