Another Real Estate Job

Reaction score

Enjoyed making this one just because of the scenery. It's a bit of an unusual house for an Alabama lake, but I think I got some good shots and perspective of the "lake lifestyle." Your thoughts or critique are welcome.

Great work.

Did you use some "automated" flight modes for a couple of those shots? They look amazing.

Great work.

Did you use some "automated" flight modes for a couple of those shots? They look amazing.
Thanks Al! I used Zipline mode on Autopilot for the second shot and the last shot.The rest was manual!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks Al! I used Zipline mode on Autopilot for thr last shot and for one other. The rest was manual!

Well done.

Really well shot, you need to add some interiors to the video to give the viewer a complete idea of the property.

I've considered getting an Osmo to add that dimension to my videos. However, the customer is happy so far. I'll talk with the agents I'm working with about it though. Thanks!

How much time do you think you have invested in a video like this? Including travel, planning, shooting, editing? I guess living in Alabama you get many more flyinig days than we do up here in the Pacific North Wet

How much time do you think you have invested in a video like this? Including travel, planning, shooting, editing? I guess living in Alabama you get many more flyinig days than we do up here in the Pacific North Wet

Let's see.

Travel: 1.5 hours
Time spent at site: 2 hours
Editing: 4 hours (I take my time editing. I could have been done in 2 but I went back and made some changes)
Estimated total: 7.5 hours

Most realtors I've talked to are not willing to pay for that level of service. Of course our housing market is a little different, for 750K you get a 2500 sqft track home in Portland :)

Most realtors I've talked to are not willing to pay for that level of service. Of course our housing market is a little different, for 750K you get a 2500 sqft track home in Portland :)

I suppose I'm a relatively cheap date, then :) I've talked to several builders and realtors who claim to just do it themselves or have a guy who does it for peanuts. Right now I think I've found a reasonable price point where it's worth my time and effort and still attractive for the realtors.

Your thoughts or critique are welcome.
Gr8 video: short, interesting, excellent music, and good takes. Could u share video settings? I need to do something like that, always hesitate whether using D-Log and grade or none with minimal grade. and if you don't mind, how much did u charge?

Gr8 video: short, interesting, excellent music, and good takes. Could u share video settings? I need to do something like that, always hesitate whether using D-Log and grade or none with minimal grade. and if you don't mind, how much did u charge?

Thanks! I shot in D-log, 25fps, 1/50 shutter speed and switched between ND 32 and ND 64 filters depending on the cloud cover. I do my color grading in Final Cut Pro X in post editing. Pricing depends on your local market and how much your time is worth to you. I'd be happy to talk in PM with you about determining pricing further.

Last edited:
Question: What is Zipline and Autopilot? These don't sound like DJI flight modes...

Question: What is Zipline and Autopilot? These don't sound like DJI flight modes...

Sorry for the confusion! I use a third-party flight control app called Autopilot by Hangar.

I was very impressed with your video. I have mentioned before I am still in the research stage and there is a part of me thinking wait for a phantom 5, but any-who. My son is really into scooters and I take videos of him and edit them, you guys are really stretching me to step up my game. Thank you!

Reactions: jofus
I was very impressed with your video...you guys are really stretching me to step up my game. Thank you!

Thanks for the compliments. I takes practice and plenty of takes. I go through 3 batteries for those 2 minute videos!

Hi Jofus,

I have a few questions about determining pricing and a few other things. I hope you don't mind, but I went ahead and sent you a PM. I would greatly appreciate any insight you could provide for someone looking to get into this line of work.

Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4