Another Phantom Vision Demo Video

Nice! Thanks for posting that. Pretty impressive.

I haven't even made one flight yet (my Phantom just shipped - should have it in 5 - 6 days) and already I'm anxious to add accessories!

Seems like we get a little more information each time he does a demonstration.

Phantomfan, which version did you get? I have the Vision on order, but I don't think has shipped yet.

Thanks

Fantastic; lots of good information! I'm stoked; can hardly wait to get my Vision. The one really important missing item is an actual full resolution video clip and still picture taken with the Vision. I'm most interested in still pictures- but just because the Vision camera has more megapixels than the GoPro Hero3+ (14 MP vs 12 MP) doesn't necessarily mean better pictures; the GoPro's lens is amazingly good in that regard.

I am sure the pictures will be good quality.

I wonder if we will be able to take the installed camera off, and put the gimbal and GoPro on. It would be nice to interchange or, just take the camera off when you just want to fly, since the Vision has more battery capacity.

Here are the most informative Vision feature videos I've found so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTDQ5KT2abE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpL_zoDAXjo

Still lots unclear to me...
• Is the Vision’s lack of a stabilizing gimbal a deal-killer for anything approaching “serious” video?

SW:
• Can you set threshholds for various alarms (esp. low battery and distance)? Does it text-to-speak the alarms or beep tones?
• Does the iPhone app require a certion IOS version, o rcan we use “old” iphones to fly it (eg, iPhone 4 or 4s)?

Flight Controls
• Can you adjust the sensitivity of the flight controllers (ideally on a log scale to allow small adjustments with the initial larger movements, escalating if you need to push a stick all the way in a direction to avoid an obstacle)?
• Without a stabilizing gimbal, how the jello in video? At 7:02, you show the Vision video - were you making any flight control changes, or is the copters movement “the best if can do”? (I did hear you say it was windy - roughly how fast was the wind?)

Camera:
• When you recording video, and click the still shutter, does it interrupt the video (ie, can you take stills without interrupting the video)?
• Do you have any control over the still image settings (ie, Shutter Speed vs. Aperture vs ISO)?
• Are the still images JPEGs or RAW?
• At 7.44 it shows quite a serious curve in the horizon. From your experience how does the fish eye distortion compare to the GoPro Hero Black?
• What video quality and frame rate options do you have?
• Can you disable Auto-Exposure (so it doesn’t get bright/dark/bright/dark/etc. when more/less of the sky comes in to play?
• How do the lens flares compare to GoPro Black?
• What range of motion can you rotate the camera? Pointing straight down to???

• How does the return to home feature work? When you are flying in an obstacle filled area, can the vision be set to ascend to X Feet (eg, 100 feet, above the trees), then fly directly back, and then descend? Or does it just fly straight back at whatever altitude it was, hitting trees, wires, fences, buildings, etc.? What if your flying BELOW where you started (eg, you're on top of a hill) - does it ascend to the starting altitude and then come back?

• Since moving the camera is by relatively small target touchscreen buttons, did you find you had enough granular control for smooth, slow camera movements? Are you able to set "limits" on the vertical pan, so as not to get copter parts in the video?

Firestat said:
Seems like we get a little more information each time he does a demonstration.

Phantomfan, which version did you get? I have the Vision on order, but I don't think has shipped yet.

Thanks

I got version 1.1.1. Has the gimbal lever on the back of the Tx and the self-tightening props. There are some other bells and whistles, too, but I don't think they matter much to me right now as I'm a complete newbie.

PF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers