Another Phantom v1 being transplanted into a v2 shell...

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted. It's good to see the Phantom community is still strong.
So after being inspired by DeweyAXD's post at /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7017 I decided to transplant my electronics over from my original Phantom v1.
Now my Phantom has seen alot of changes ever since I first had it. Too many gimbals and frankenstein looking contraptions made my Phantom overweight and not as fun to fly. Realizing I wanted a very clean and factory looking solution to my own personal issues I ended up with this.
olUT7msl.jpg

It looks stock, but mods done are:
Phantom v1 Zenmuse Upgrade board
added Can-bus port for installation of iOSDmini later on (along with FPV)
Phantom v2 shell with Battery cover modified with removable Status LED connection
Can now run 2 DJI Phantom v1 batteries without having any wires showing
Relocation of 7th channel on radio for gimbal pitch control

Here's an album showing the transplant and the very few mods I've made.
http://imgur.com/a/j3wez#0

I'd like to thank those who've made the guides and how to's. Without them, this wouldn't of been as easy a job to do.

Nice... I just did the same but I added Tx60 cable adapter to P2 Battery so I can use either P1 duals or P2 battery. Also used NAZA LED unit

Attachments

• Naza LED.JPG
    Naza LED.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 564
windcharger said:
Here's an album showing the transplant and the very few mods I've made.
http://imgur.com/a/j3wez#0

I had the idea of extending the LED cable with jumpers also. It's the only neat solution and cheap to do.

I like how you incorporated the original LED into a P2 battery door. Where did you get the battery door? They are very expensive on eBay. Was hoping DeweyAXD would create a better one with an integrated LED solution. But like I said, I like your idea...

I have all the parts (except the battery door) to start the Hybrid (re)creation, but just haven't had the time...

Hope you can show us some video of your NEW Phantom in action soon...

PJA said:
I like how you incorporated the original LED into a P2 battery door. Where did you get the battery door? They are very expensive on eBay. Was hoping DeweyAXD would create a better one with an integrated LED solution. But like I said, I like your idea...

It was either ebay or shapeways, I went with ebay

Is the battery door good quality? I'm curious about these 3D printed parts. Does it feel solid and work as expected? I'm headed this exact same route and like what you've done there!

Adam

EMCSQUAR said:
Nice... I just did the same but I added Tx60 cable adapter to P2 Battery so I can use either P1 duals or P2 battery.

Hi... Can you show some pictures of the P2 Battery Mod so I can get an idea how it is done... I appreciate it... Thanks!

adam12hicks said:
Is the battery door good quality? I'm curious about these 3D printed parts. Does it feel solid and work as expected? I'm headed this exact same route and like what you've done there!

Adam

the battery door is pretty solid, my only gripe with it is the tabs could grab more of the shell. but grabbing on the sides of the battery cover and tugging on it doesn't pop it off so I'm happy with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31