Another Phantom shot down

The news media has succeeded. Now drone owners even fear themselves

Sounds like they had it coming ;-)

I mean hovering over your own property... What a cheek!

I decided to fly my Phantom this morning. Nice day. Took off and flew around a bit. I let off the sticks and it was hovering above me in my yard at a low altitude without moving and I noticed it had a camera with a red light blinking. I thought WTF. I ran into the house and grabbed my Ruger Mark 11 with scope and shot it down. I don't have to put up with that crap. End of story.
facepalm.jpg

I decided to fly my Phantom this morning. Nice day. Took off and flew around a bit. I let off the sticks and it was hovering above me in my yard at a low altitude without moving and I noticed it had a camera with a red light blinking. I thought WTF. I ran into the house and grabbed my Ruger Mark 11 with scope and shot it down. I don't have to put up with that crap. End of story.

I see what you did there....

Reactions: dirkclod
Not sure what to do. I'm a bit shaken up over this event . I was doing nothing wrong or spying on people but I shot it down. Do I absorb the loss and never do it again.....make me pay for the damages....call the police...or just take care of it myself.
write to DJI and demand they give you a new one.:eek:

Since I was flying a P1 and they are not being produced anymore, whats the chance they would send me a new P3? Of course with instructions not to shoot at it.
Oh hey, DJI stands behind their products, don't they replace every bird that crashes due to stupid flying? (not insulting you here, just poking a little fun at all the "my phantom flew away and DJI only wants to give me 30% discount crowd...):D

Reactions: 750r
Since I was flying a P1 and they are not being produced anymore, whats the chance they would send me a new P3? Of course with instructions not to shoot at it.
If they do I'll be flying around your house more target practice :p:D

Reactions: dirkclod
One word: Bullet-proof prop guards.

Actually you Should have waited until Labor Day Monday, then you could have used the excuse. You shot it down, because it was following you. ;-)

Bury it and move on... Next?

RedHotPoker

Just by replying the way you did, Im sure you understand. Its an example of some of the useless stupid threads on the forum. Mine included. :)
Since you are well aware of the problem, why would you be part of it? You are making more work for the volunteer moderators here. This is not the first time you personally have drawn the attention of the mods. Would a warning help, or maybe a short vacation?

Moved to off topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie