Another Phantom 3 shake after crash

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!
So after searching for a while i couldnt really find a thread or video with the problem im having. Most videos have the jello effect or a really strong shake or slip in the camera.

Im seeing this very systematic shake happening on mine. Any other ideas of things to look for before I take it to a professional?

things I’ve tried from searching the forum

- I replaced with new props
- New vibration absorbers
- Updated software
- Gimbal calibration
- tightened allen screw on top of gimbal

The only thing i didn't try yet

"In the rear cover of the gimbal motor, align motor post so the flat portion of the post is paralell with the top of the camera. This can be done by using pliers and rotating the motor to the correct position and then align the potentiometer sleeve on the rear circuit board. There are many videos on this on Youtube."

When i think it happened (added music for your enjoyment)

After this props were broken and two rubber shocks flew off

What I'm seeing and hearing

Shake 1

Shake 2

Thanks in advance for any input.

The sound seems to me, IMHO, like one of the motors is rubbing the inside of the body shell. It only takes a little bit of out of alignment to make it rub when under torque from acceleration.

If all other attempt produces no results, I would unplug the two gray multi-wire plugs from the top of gimbal flange, pull clear plastic pins and completely remove gimbal and camera.

Then set bird on level surface and run up speed and observe any noise/vibration. It would then tell you where you noise/vibration problem is located(bird or camera) and you could easily work on roll arm/circuit board alignment in addition if it turns out to be that.

I just fixed my shake that looked like this one here. The gimbal arm had moved up the post and was gently touching the mounting plate. This caused the transference of the vibration of the bird in flight directly to the camera. I thought the arm had bent but I loosened the grub screw on the arm and pulled the gimbal arm down 1mm ish. Now it's not touching or rubbing and the camera is good as new.

Outstanding! Thanks for the tip, hopefully this will fix the same issue I am seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: sacooke

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl