Another P3S pilot signing in - just barely survived the f/w upgrade

Reaction score
Hi!

This is my first post here and don't want to write anything negative to start with :)
..just some lessons learned ;)

I got my P3S just a week ago here in Sweden and finally I'm happy with it - but could have ended up returning it to the seller because of the failed f/w upgrade via the DJ GO app..
Everything was fully charged and latest DJ GO app installed in the phone - two failed upgrade attempts, first at approx. 20% and after a prompted reboot at 40% something the P3S started to sound like a alarm clock - tried everything advised by other P3(A/P) owners which didn't work because there wasn't any f/w to download for the P3S anymore...tried some hours in the car with it w/o any luck.

Digging through the logs, last entry;
---------------------------------
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The .BIN-file on the micro SD-card, a bit strange naming? "P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin" - and the size at 55MB(!) - something is not right here - What to do?

As a last resort I digged around a bit on my phone in the data directory of the DJ GO app and found the proper .BIN-file there! - "P3C_FW_V01.01.0030.bin" sized at 63MB :)
Replaced the one on the SD-card and voila the upgrade proceeded to 100%
----------------------------------------------
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.01.0030.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
----------------------

Lessons learned during the upgrade, always format the SD-card in the aircraft, don't use the Samsung Evo micro SD-card (16GB), at least not on the P3S, reported full after a format..couldn't be used. Always keep a copy of the proper .BIN-file (even if it's not available as DL)

Happy for now, just awaiting better weather!
(and still keeping my Parrot Bebop's)

/Per

Nice to see a fellow Swede. I got my P3S last Friday and my firmware update went well. Are you located near Frösön? I was at the new hotel there a few weeks ago. I remember the receptionist told me she had a Phantom 2 Vision.

Nice to see a fellow Swede. I got my P3S last Friday and my firmware update went well. Are you located near Frösön? I was at the new hotel there a few weeks ago. I remember the receptionist told me she had a Phantom 2 Vision.
Guess I was a victim of the famous "update glitch" as summoned by Murphy himself ;)

O.T Oh nice, another Swede with a P3S - we aren't that many yet are we ;)
I used to live on Frösön but has now moved to a small village 20 miles north to Östersund - better here without the CTR/NFZ.
Btw, also saw your review at "prisjakt" for the P3S :)
/O.T

Jokes aside, guess my f/w update glitch might have been caused by leftover files from an earlier f/w update made at the factory...

Earlier logs shows this;
-----------------------------------------------
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.00.0014.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
---------------

/Per

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers