Another P3S firmware issue

Reaction score
Hello folks. I have the 1.8.10 firmware on my P3S and one battery (i.e., status is "normal") but not on my new battery (status is " firmware update required") and I see the version is 1.6.80. I formatted the sd card in the bird's camera because I had read you could download the 1.8.10 update to the card and then use it in the camera to update the batteries that weren't in when you did the initial update. Well, I thought I'd need to format the card before doing this but I didn't know that 1) formatting the card erased photos and videos on the card and that 2) you have to download the file to your computer in order to copy it to your sd card (that's how naive I am). And, anyway, I don't see the newest 1.8.10 update on any of the DJI sites referred to in the forum and, I really don't have much of a home computer to download and copy the file anyway as it's an macbook air that has no space left on it.

So, right now, I've got the battery needing updating in the bird with everything on and connected to the app just hoping that I would receive an update message but, so far, after 30 minutes nothing has popped up saying the update is available available.

I hope this makes sense and I've read through the other update issues to find answers but haven't been very lucky. Is it just OK to use the battery with an old version?

I'd appreciate any help.

P3S updates through the app only , open app then connect to home Wi-Fi , update prompt should show up , download update , reconnect to RC Wi-Fi , turn AC on , start update on app , should update now , wait till finished , power cycle everything .

Ok, I'll try that and get back. I haven't been connecting to my wifi but instead leaving it on the phantom connection. Thanks. Sounds easy enough!

AH Card v.3.JPG
iPad...settings..wi fi..phantom..open dji go..touch map in lower corner..back to settings..choose your home wi fi..back to dji go map until map is refreshed..back to settings..choose phantom..back to dji go..touch camera picture in lower right..dji go is now fully operational and you can fly when dji go app is done warming up the aircraft...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.