Another P3 dropped from the sky

All logs normal, small dip in voltage on one cell on take off, other than that the logs are all fine and recorded right up until it hit the ground.
Healthy drone doesn't show much data when it comes to checking why a P3 crashed.
Did you check the converted DAT log off the Phantom?
P3A/P Dashware profile for for Dat Files | DJI Phantom Forum

You can also convert the Dat online here:
FLYXXX.DAT
If you still have the Dat file and upload it to above let me know the file name and I can take a look if you want.

I've been reading all through the threads and some of these the firmwear was updated others not. You guys are freaking me out! Lol Did you update all the batteries? A tester on here was saying the firmware works flawlessly and strongly advised it. Again I can't help but wonder what's going on...mmmm

Now I know why people are selling used controls online. Without the drone.:rolleyes:

I've been reading all through the threads and some of these the firmwear was updated others not. You guys are freaking me out! Lol Did you update all the batteries? A tester on here was saying the firmware works flawlessly and strongly advised it. Again I can't help but wonder what's going on...mmmm
Very strange. I hope they dont update extra batteries and that is the reason. Getting paranoid to fly already ))))

Very strange. I hope they dont update extra batteries and that is the reason. Getting paranoid to fly already ))))

Actually I'm thinking people are updating the firmwear on just one battery and not all of them like they need to and its causing issues. That's why I asked did he update all of his batteries or just one?

Reactions: t2adze
So what device was used when crash took place? Android or ios?

What App version and Firmware version?

You can also post the .txt file of the flight and we can others with this as well!

It dropped straight down, logs from healthy drones show the battery being fine right up until it hit the ground
Just like mine did too. That was October. Repaired then by dji and it has been in its case since then except to update firmware. Confidence broken is an understatement. Took all the fun out of flying.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

IOS ipad mini 2, everything was on latest FW and latest app

Not sure how do post the txt file but this is my Healthy Drones report: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The .txt file is located on the device used. Simply connect your phone or tablet to a desktop computer and download the files using iTunes.
*To save time I grabbed the info below from healthydrones.

In iTunes:
  1. Click the icon to access your device
  2. Click 'Apps'
  3. Find 'DJI GO' in the Apps list and click it
  4. Under 'DJI GO Documents', click the 'FlightRecorder' folder
  5. Click 'Save to...' to save the log files to your computer. The .txt files is in those log files. Look for the most recent.
  6. Attach file to post in this thread.

https://healthydrones.com/images/auto-pilot-instructions-1-5.png

The .txt file is located on the device used. Simply connect your phone or tablet to a desktop computer and download the files using iTunes.
*To save time I grabbed the info below from healthydrones.

In iTunes:
  1. Click the icon to access your device
  2. Click 'Apps'
  3. Find 'DJI GO' in the Apps list and click it
  4. Under 'DJI GO Documents', click the 'FlightRecorder' folder
  5. Click 'Save to...' to save the log files to your computer. The .txt files is in those log files. Look for the most recent.
  6. Attach file to post in this thread.

https://healthydrones.com/images/auto-pilot-instructions-1-5.png

Thank's, I already have the .txt file, It's the uploading it to this site I can't work out

Wow really hate to hear that sorry that happened. Hate reading these posts as it makes a newbie such as myself even more nervous about such events.
I noticed the battery temp was 98 deg.
Is this a normal temp....you said it was colder weather?
It's cold here 30-40 degrees and I'm seeing temps around 70-80 deg batt temps.
Like I said I'm a rookie so that may be normal.

Wow really hate to hear that sorry that happened. Hate reading these posts as it makes a newbie such as myself even more nervous about such events.
I noticed the battery temp was 98 deg.
Is this a normal temp....you said it was colder weather?
It's cold here 30-40 degrees and I'm seeing temps around 70-80 deg batt temps.
Like I said I'm a rookie so that may be normal.

Normal temp, I am in Thailand, it's hot here
EDIT - It was 28 degrees Celsius, about 100 Fahrenheit

Right I see. I knew it was Celsius just didn't know how warm the batts ran in the summer or warmer temps like that.
Hope you find out what happened or at the very least fixed under warranty in a timely matter

That's what I needed.

So I figured out what the actual cause of the crash was. I don't think you will be to happy about it either. First I'd like to say good to see you calibrate the compass prior to flight.

Now the part you hate to hear about which is the cause of the crash. The reason is due to someone installing Inspire1 Firmware. The data log clearly shows it has Inspire1 firmware..

Sorry to be the one of bad news, but at least you know now.

That's what I needed.

So I figured out what the actual cause of the crash was. I don't think you will be to happy about it either. First I'd like to say good to see you calibrate the compass prior to flight.

Now the part you hate to hear about which is the cause of the crash. The reason is due to someone installing Inspire1 Firmware. The data log clearly shows it has Inspire1 firmware..

Wow....I was surprised to see this post. Couple hex entries into the firmware images should prevent stuff like this. Really surprised they don't validate images to exact variants! Even a cheap consumer grade router does that!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's what I needed.

Weird. He said he already put 10 batteries through it too.

Now that is some interesting theory we've go here!

Considering that the P3 system would accept and function (as in work to some operational level) with an Inspire FW in the first place - I don't know about that but my guess it is indeed possible - then it is also possible that a FW from a different AC could cause a failure in propulsion originated in the battery system somehow.

In plain words, the FW could overload the maximum discharging capacity of the battery (commonly referred to as "C rating"), causing s shutdown or sudden voltage drop (or any other issue) in the battery or the smart management, or even in any of the subsequent systems such as ESCs, motors, etc.

That would most likely occur during a burst or other heavy demand maneuver (by command or otherwise) when the max load can be exceeded, and I'd guess it's even possible that a problem in the very P3 firmware could cause that as well in some very specific situations. Although I admit that DJI's engineering in both HW and FW are quite advanced, and most certainly operating within strict and rather safe margins. And... not discounting that we pilots can screw up this rather sophisticated system in so many ways as well, of course...

I'll check the specs of both P3 and Inspire batteries for C ratings and see about that. Tomorrow, because now I'll go out and do some flying and shooting around town - it's such a clear, warm and spectacular night here! :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20