Another P2 battery clone to consider

Anyone who buys 3rd party P2 batteries to save a few bucks is in my opinion flirting with disaster. Unless you plan to cover your Phantom in bubble wrap and fly it over a field of packing peanuts, how do you trust that you won't be hovering at 120m when it loses all power and your Phantom craters. I'll never know what happened to one P2 I was flying over water when some people closer to it than me said it suddenly tilted at a 45 deg angle, then flipped and dropped the 20 feet into the water I was flying over. I just fitted it with the new GoPro Hero 3+. snifff.

It could have been anything from a list of 5 to 10 possibilities.... pilot error being one of them, but not likely, because it was not very windy and I was not doing anything extreme or flying it past it's capabilities. Everything was stock DJI, except the blades, which I stupidly tried a knockoff on both my Phantom Vision and my P2. They looked and seemed to work exactly like the original, so it never crossed my mind, but after I replaced my P2 and got the nerve to fly it without the safety net again... I was flying about 30-45 mins with one battery change. I came down for the second time - landed on the deck of the pier I was flying over and as soon as the skids touched down, one of the blades popped off and spun about 30 feet off the pier onto the sand..... Wait a minute... what!!!!??? Yep, the supposed self tightening blade took off like a boomerang. Sure enough it was a Hong Kong Fooey blade, so I tossed all of them in the garbage and didn't make that mistake again.

Just a little word of warning is all. You're flying $1500 +/- worth of gear - hundreds of feet above ground and possibly peoples heads - to potentially save $75??? Even DJI gets it wrong pretty often lately and well.... they ARE DJI.

I have owned 4 Phantom 2s so far. Other than the unsolved mystery of the P2 that bellyflopped - I have never had catastrophic fails happen in flight. I will NOT be tempting fate with potentially sub par batteries or other flight critical parts.

So far I'm less than impressed and I don't even have the battery. I ordered and paid for one battery on June 16th. Today is the 21st, I emailed them this morning for a tracking number, guess what? it hasn't even shipped yet. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday :x

You have to factor in the whole 'buying from China' "overhead" into your expectations.

FASTFJR said:
So far I'm less than impressed and I don't even have the battery. I ordered and paid for one battery on June 16th. Today is the 21st, I emailed them this morning for a tracking number, guess what? it hasn't even shipped yet. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday :x
Did they state the method they were shipping? I ask because I have had small packages from China take 15-18 days and have had CCTV cameras through FedEx take 5 days. So, just wondering....
Then again, maybe they are waiting for some one to buy one before they make them. :shock:

Happyflyer said:
FASTFJR said:
Did they state the method they were shipping? I ask because I have had small packages from China take 15-18 days and have had CCTV cameras through FedEx take 5 days. So, just wondering....
Then again, maybe they are waiting for some one to buy one before they make them. :shock:

No, you couldn't pick a shipping method, just a flat rate. I really hope its not DHL.

FASTFJR said:

Who have you ordered from ? NukeRC ?

FASTFJR said:
No, you couldn't pick a shipping method, just a flat rate. I really hope its not DHL.
What is wrong with DHL? I have had good service from them. In fact my next to last 2meg CCTV camera came through DHL. About 6 days from China.

Anyone who buys 3rd party P2 batteries to save a few bucks is in my opinion flirting with disaster.

From a lot of stuff I have been reading up on the DJI "smart batterys" Its seems as if some ones already flirting with disaster waiting to happen. Lots of people reporting them falling out of the sky and going in to auto land 3-5 mins in to a flight on a full battery. Due to faulty contacts and also a glitch that causes the software to all the sudden in flight not recognize the battery as a real DJI battery even tho some ones using the real thing and it then starts to auto land.

After all the crap I have read about the so called dji smart battery's I almost don't even want to risk flying the vision 2 I have on the way and am ready to see it and I have not even got it yet.

I'm also wondering how DJI is able to even legally sell them in ny state considering in the state of ny its now against the law for a manufacture to force any one to not be able to use 3r party consumables or 3rd party after market parts in any thing. Nore can a warranty be voided from using 3rd party consumables. The law came about as a result of the printer co's doing that and forcing customers to have to only use there expensive price gouged ink in a printer. or risk losing there warranty's and being a battery is a consumable part that propitiatory battery check function is not legal. Nore is it even cool considering it can also cause a problem with a genuine DJI battery if it reads it wrong and thinks its not a dji battery. If they didn't have that then it also would be be possible to cause any problems and cause crashes and auto lands to happen

FASTFJR said:
Happyflyer said:
FASTFJR said:

@ FastJR, sorry about your shipment delay, as noted we will be giving you a tracking numbers on this Monday-Tuesday. If you placed order to us on 16th afternoon we have might not of been able to receive it till our 17th (the time-difference), then it usually takes 24-48hours for the shipment to process so it should of been sent out on the 19th, Thursday. We did have a snag with our Shipping vendor, we use grassroots shipping methods to make sure your Battery is shipped to you within a fair amount of time (10-15 working days) and at a good price. Batteries are very expensive to ship and via DHL we get quoted $40usd+ more to USA per KG... Depending on the destination country we customize the the best shipping company for you which is why it is just flat-rate. You can read more details on our Blog page about our shipping; http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/we_kick_arse/

@Happyflyer We have Many of these Batteries in-stock, you can check out our Twitter page to have a look at just some of them; http://twitter.com/nuke_rc/

--------
Also, as a FYI to everyone; DJI did test our Batteries and released an "official" report regarding our batteries, look at our response and what people are saying; in the end they said they were good; Some customers have received our Batteries from the first-batch and have reported good feedback, enjoy; http://nukerc.com/blog/cat/new/post/DJI ... says_good/

Has anyone received one already, i am talking about the first batch that was sent, theres got to be someone out there with this battery, come foward and tell us how it has worked for you so far

Sana

Has anyone received one already, i am talking about the first batch that was sent, theres got to be someone out there with this battery, come forward and tell us how it has worked for you so far

I ordered one last night to try out. I'll give a report when it arrives and get some test time in it. Tho it looks like it will take about 2 wees to arrive.

If it even works at all it will be better then the DJI battery that I just got yesterday that is already giving me all sorts of problems and making me very nervis to even fly it. it took 8 hours of messing with it just to get it to try and start taking a charge. and would only charge for about 5 mins at a time. and would shut off. I had to keep turning on the battery every 5 mins to restart the charging. Till it was up over the first 25% then it would stay on and keep charging but would only charge if the battery was turned on. It then finished charging and has all 4 leds lit when you push the button showing its supposedly fully charged. Yet when I test the voltage it only took 11.6volts and wont take any more charge. So its not really fully charged at all. and I'm not to happy that it came in a state of being almost completely empty and not even in a storage charge state or even close to it.

So DJI saying they test each and every battery sounds like a load of crap being this thing hasn't even had one flight on it and already is flaking out on me. and there crappy review of the nuke rc battery is what actually made me decide the nukerc battery was worth at least trying. Being DJI did not state one thing about it that was either any thing factual or even state any thing that differs from there own crappy battery's. Such as there ridiculous claim that other battery's plastic casing Could melt in a fire. lol well being dji don't make there's out of bakeolite and in fact there plastic melts and burns quite easily. So it was stupid for them to even try and point out that another battery's casing could burn or melt if in a fire. PLUS if you have a fire going on in you phantom or in you house. You already have much bigger things to worry about then the casing on the battery melting. lol lol

I'm surprised DJI didn't also say don't use any aftermarket battery cause they are made in china. and when they say at the bottom that they are not responsible if any problems arise from using no DJI stuff is about the same as just saying your in the same boat as if you did use DJI approved stuff. Being there service level already seems to be next to non existent any way to begin with. No matter what flaws they have build in to thee products they don't seem to ever take any responsibility.

Re the NukeRc batteries I also placed a order on the 18th with a promise of tracking no but still not received . As none if us have got one to test yet how come DJI got their hands on one to test ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re the NukeRc batteries I also placed a order on the 18th with a promise of tracking no but still not received . As none if us have got one to test yet how come DJI got their hands on one to test ?

ya I was wondering that my self after doing a exhaustive search on the web to try and find a single person that's gotten one and I could not find any one at all that has said they received on yet.

So its June 24th and I still don't have a tracking number, I ordered on the 16th :roll:

If the dam batteries are in stock how comes it has taken almost a week to START the shipping process??????? :x :x :x

I few months ago I ordered something from HeliPal. Ordered on a Monday and I had it Thursday morning

FASTFJR said:
So its June 24th and I still don't have a tracking number, I ordered on the 16th :roll:

If the dam batteries are in stock how comes it has taken almost a week to START the shipping process??????? :x :x :x

I few months ago I ordered something from HeliPal. Ordered on a Monday and I had it Thursday morning

1.Have they charged your credit card yet?

2. Have they responded to any email you sent inquiring what's happened to your order?

FASTFJR said:

Hmmm... well things do work different in China so no panic yet. It's just how it is.
If you ever ordered from goodluckbuy two weeks before anything happens is the norm ;)
Once it has actually set off it is usually a week or less.

Garysam said:
FASTFJR said:

1.Have they charged your credit card yet?

2. Have they responded to any email you sent inquiring what's happened to your order?

Yes & Yes. The guy told me Friday I would have a tracking number Monday or Today. I'm not worried about the money its thru PayPal and I can always get it back. Its just the amount of time to send something which is "In Stock"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub