Another one bites the dust - FOUND MY PROP - and other news

DBS

Reaction score
Looks like I'm outta luck too...

After reading flyNfrank's post last night I made a tell tale comment...

DBS said:
Wow... :( ... that bugger hit the ground hard bro ...

Sorry to hear it happen to ya like that Frank...

suppose with the age of mine i should be expecting something sooner or later...

they don't stay in the air forever right?

And promptly lost my Phantom to similar circumstances this morning...

Flying along comfortably at 275ft altitude at about 30mph... When all of a sudden looks like a motor cut out... All I saw on the screen was tumbling until I lost video connection and screen froze showing landing gear and blue sky... And just my luck... I was over a lake on the Allapattah Flats property... Gone

Can't really search that lake.. Don't have a boat...

Anyway... Like I was saying... They don't stay in the air forever right?

Re: Another one bites the dust

This is beyond coincidence...too many v3 crashes...

I tnink DJI has a serious quality control issue as they rush to market their latest technology and rake in millions...

In the US we have consumer protection laws where defects are concerned...

Very sorry for your loss, Chuck.... :cry:

mede8er said:

I tnink DJI has a serious quality control issue as they rush to market their latest technology and rake in millions...

ALL True..But not if you listen to some other postings on this site from supposedly experienced pilots who STILL believe that these crashes are caused by pilots not reading/understanding the manual or the quad or the different settings.********. Please , DJI has a problem and its NOT pilot errors!

OMG... I am speechless.. other than sorry :(

What is going :/

*edit* Not speechless anymore... still its unbelievable.. Anyways are you going to be chatting to DJI or is there no point ?

That's disheartening. If you were exercising proper prepping and flying practices (and I'm not suggesting that you were not), then I think you should push on DJI a little.

They need to hear about each and every one of these incidents.

My first few flights were very cautious, enough open space to avoid a tree, local grassy park, just to get to know the quad. Loved the video shots, everything flew perfectly. Got confident and decided to show some friends, this time crowded back yard with chain link fencing, all kinds of metal and concrete. The quad flew directly into a tree, possessed. A newbie, I thought it was compass calibration, but no matter what, I couldn't get stable controllable GPS flight, solution? This: Moved to a suitable flying area until I can fly it without GPS. This will remove all of the strange unseen unknown entities from crashing my quad. However, as this forum clearly shows, Motors, Props, ESCs, IMUs, GPS-mods, and Batteries can and will cause crashed quads. Those parts Will wear out and fail, they Will be manufactured and slip thru QC and fail, they Will be cloned/counterfeit parts and fail, so now what DJI? How do we predict an ESC failure? Do we have to buy more measuring tools to test out our heat sinks and solder connections and all the stuff the average person doesn't know? How about testing for a Battery that goes from 30% to 6% in 20 seconds? Or a Motor that stops working 350ft up? Don't show commercials of a PV2+ flying in and around a living room for the holidays. Really? (I've noticed it's no longer on the DJI website) You've made it too easy to fly. I know, we won't buy it if you show us how it may fail. And this, DJI, is merely the beginning of a lot more issues, since I imagine a million new PV2+ owners are flying their holiday gifts right now...

@DBS Sorry to hear that Brother. Make sure you guys are contacting Dji on all of these flyaways. There has to be something wrong thats causing this to happen.

knowonecares said:
And this, DJI, is merely the beginning of a lot more issues, since I imagine a million new PV2+ owners are flying their holiday gifts right now...

And the Christmas gift carnage is already popping up on the web...

Posted yesterday...

dXVvr6M.jpg

Da Fuq!!!
2? Did you and frank swap controllers?

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've been tempted and will probably get one of those safety lines if I start flying over water more.

1 thing I've learned from being a dji owner , never be the first to upgrade or buy a new product. It never ends well.

DBS said:
Looks like I'm outta luck too...

After reading flyNfrank's post last night I made a tell tale comment...

DBS said:
Wow... :( ... that bugger hit the ground hard bro ...

Sorry to hear it happen to ya like that Frank...

suppose with the age of mine i should be expecting something sooner or later...

they don't stay in the air forever right?

And promptly lost my Phantom to similar circumstances this morning...

Flying along comfortably at 275ft altitude at about 30mph... When all of a sudden looks like a motor cut out... All I saw on the screen was tumbling until I lost video connection and screen froze showing landing gear and blue sky... And just my luck... I was over a lake on the Allapattah Flats property... Gone

Can't really search that lake.. Don't have a boat...

Anyway... Like I was saying... They don't stay in the air forever right?

Have you the new v3 model or an older version just wandering if this is a problem with the new motors or just a motor problem in general surely dji can do something these birds can't keep falling out of the sky man!!

mede8er said:

I'm sorry too.

I'm curious, how many of these potentially motor-nduced crashes are occuring on upgraded Phantoms? Doesn't sound like they're all true V3s, just regular Phantoms with motors and ESCs upgraded...none of the other components, tweaks or changes that make up the current version of the Vision Plus.

Might be a little premature to condemn version 3 if these crashed machines are tinkered-with Phantoms.

ELHEAPO said:
Have you the new v3 model or an older version just wandering if this is a problem with the new motors or just a motor problem in general surely dji can do something these birds can't keep falling out of the sky man!!

I have an older model P2V+ ... But just recently did the V3 motor and ESC upgrade... This was probably the 8 or 9th flight on these motors and ESCs.

Tough nut to swallow but I got a solid 8 months out of this thing with lots of mods and miles apon miles of long range flights... Shame to lose it with no carnage or wreckage to go through for the CSI investigation (same way I lost my modded AR Drone)... But anyway... Start saving up for the next stupid decision I guess.

As they say... If you can't afford to lose two... Don't buy one ... :cool:

DBS said:
I have an older model P2V+ ... But just recently did the V3 motor and ESC upgrade... This was probably the 8 or 9th flight on these motors and ESCs.
Seems to be pointing to the control boards and NAZA unit. Or, the cabling/connectors.

Or perhaps the RC control uplink sub-system injects a motors off sequence.

You've been running the older firmware to maintain a faster cruise speed.

Somewhere, somehow, Phantom Drone Pilots need a self policed common database of flight incidents and anomalies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.