Another "No Image" post

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed here and elsewhere. P2V+ was working awesome. Put in closet for a few months. Took it out the other day and bamm.....no image on phone. Tried numerous allowed devices. Have all the functions of the app....GPS, can take vid/pics, fly no problem but no FPV.

Did everything I could find.

One post here said to check out the WiFi with a Wifi analyzer. I did see the Wifi (Something like 10.10.f ) from DJI. So if this is the case why would I not get the image but everything else communicates fine.

DJI phone support no help after 2 hours on hold.

Obviously not under warranty however this all happened when the unit was in a closet! It flew great before. Never had any kind or rough landing ever. I hear it was caused by a DJI update. If this is the case how could they make me responsible for fixing it. Very bad business practice if that's the case.

Thanks. let me know if there's anything else I could try.

Reactions: JKaddouri
I too have the same issue. (also after a time with the Drone in the closet.

My issue was the only change made since it last flew successfully was the app was updated as my phone was set to auto update.

So what I plan to do this week is:

1. update all the firmware and see if that fixes the issue:

if not: here is two cut and pastes which have had success (and not depending who you are) :)

Recently a had an issue with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ - it is no live video (other words blank screen ot black screen in DJI Vision App). I found that Wi-Fi FPV module couse this issue, it becomes broken with no external reasons. There're lots of other problems with DJI Phantom 2 Vision Pluses, but if there is no live video, you have to check for this particular damage.

Symptoms of broken DJI Wi-Fi FPV module:
- camera takes photo and video, but there is no live video feed in DJI Vision App
- telemetry works, you can read satellites count, phantoms battery level, speed, altitude, etc
- you can use any dji software versions, both bird, remote, and smartphone
- any updates, resetting, switching your bird on/off, formatting SD-card - does not help

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok). If ping fails - go no further, you are doing something wrong. Take a pause, drink coffee, think about getting some background in networking technologies, windows, etc (joke).
ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

First remove 2 Phillips screws holding inspection plate on, remove smaller plate, next remove final 2 screws, be careful as ribbon is taped to this plate, carefully remove gimbal ribbon from plate ( only 1 tape joint ), then remove final piece of cover plate. Set aside, now, lift locking tab on ribbon connector ( it just flips upward, be gentle ( fingernail works great ) tab can easily be broken off! )
Remove ribbon cable from board, next loose Allen screw on side of yaw shaft, remove whole camera assemble from gimbal board, set aside, now remove 2 Phillips screws holding board in place ( place close attention to washer placement, do not loose screws or washers ) remove board, now just reverse procedure,
1) mount board ( screws and washers
2) place yaw arm back onto gimbal board shaft ( leave it a bit loose, as we will need to adjust when plates are reinstalled )
3)plug in ribbon cable and snap clip down.
4) replace larger top cover (pay attention to ribbon wrapping around yaw shaft, when you replace top plate, as not to crush ribbon cable in the process )
5) restick ribbon to top plate ( tape should still be sticky and good, press ribbon with q-tip or something to reattach tape to plate )
6) replace smaller plate
7) pull gimbal yaw arm UP TWARDS THE BEARING, then tighten Allen screw, swing arm back and forth to make sure it has 0 contact with any surface, if all is good reinstall gimbal , plugs!

Go test!

Reactions: JKaddouri
Hi All,

There is a chance the bottom board in the wifi module just needs the firmware reflashed. There is a user who has fixed this issue. Look on page 15 of the lightbridge firmware problem and solution thread.

I have 2 "broken" wifi modules with this same issue I want to attempt this repair on. Only issue is I have since sold off the wifi repeater from the remote side so I would not be able to verify if this fix works. I have since upgraded to a lightbridge.
Good luck!

Reactions: shomci
me too, working (gathering info) on the issue. i have an extra RE700 for testing. i sent my p2 to DJI for repairs however.
lets grab all the brains and fix this issue. get proof and get compensation from DJI because even if we fix the issue, its just temporary.

I just finished installing a new wifi module. It took about 30 minutes and the video feed is back. I bought the new module online for $229 US. It's a simple procedure and there are plenty of how to's on youtube. I used the pinging procedure above and both boards were dead or at least not functioning. The above procedure for replacement is WAY more than I had to do to replace the module.

Remove top plate (3 #8 torx screws and 1 00 sized phillips head screw per arm) Be careful not to break the GPS cable running from the board to the lid
Unplug all cables plugged into module ( there is one cable that can not be removed until the module is pried loose)
Remove one 00 sized phillips head screw holding the module in place
Carefully pry the module up ( it is being held in place with double sided tape) remember there is still a ribbon cable plugged into the bottom
Once pried off remove the last cable
Reverse procedure to install new module
Once everything is put back together you will need to bind the wifi extender to the new module (again there are great videos on how to bind on youtube)

Hope this helps anyone that needed it, worked for me and as soon as it quits raining / snowing I will put it up for a flight test.

I just finished installing a new wifi module. It took about 30 minutes and the video feed is back. I bought the new module online for $229 US. It's a simple procedure and there are plenty of how to's on youtube. I used the pinging procedure above and both boards were dead or at least not functioning. The above procedure for replacement is WAY more than I had to do to replace the module.

Remove top plate (3 #8 torx screws and 1 00 sized phillips head screw per arm) Be careful not to break the GPS cable running from the board to the lid
Unplug all cables plugged into module ( there is one cable that can not be removed until the module is pried loose)
Remove one 00 sized phillips head screw holding the module in place
Carefully pry the module up ( it is being held in place with double sided tape) remember there is still a ribbon cable plugged into the bottom
Once pried off remove the last cable
Reverse procedure to install new module
Once everything is put back together you will need to bind the wifi extender to the new module (again there are great videos on how to bind on youtube)

Hope this helps anyone that needed it, worked for me and as soon as it quits raining / snowing I will put it up for a flight test.

Glad you got it working! Do you still have the old module laying around? Don't get rid of it as I think there is still a chance it can be repaired. I would recommend you power your phantom up Avery couple of weeks just to play it safe.

Thank you for the post. Just checked mine & same problem. Since I have a square trade warranty, I'm going to let them check it out.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

OK, so this is my issue with my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I left it setting on the shelf for over 6 months and now I have the following happen when I turn on the aircraft. The aircraft starts up normally, I get the flashing start up light and start up sound. The gimbal starts up and stabilizes, but the record light illuminates Orange and never goes off. The app opens and connects to the wifi perfectly. I show good wifi signal and 100% charge on my extender. There is no indication of battery remaining, GPS satellite connection number and there the app shows I do not have a SD card inserted.

I conducted the PING test indicated in this thread and all three pings resulted in replies, which shows me all three boards checked, checked back good.

I am thinking the board that comes in the cable pack #21 may be the issue, either that or one of the cables. I have not had any issues with this aircraft, flew for over an hour the day I placed it on the shelf with no issues what so ever, including recording video of the entire flight day. Is there a way to test the board that comes with that cable pack? I have embedded a photo of the board in hopes somebody can help.

Thanks, Lee

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik