another newbie ?

Reaction score
Hi I am a photographer and have never flown a drone before (other than a toy one) I have also never done any video editing before -- but I am about to change that-- OK & here comes the question. Do I really need the Phantom 3 pro or would I be better off with just the Phantom 3 advance- would I even need the 4k Thanks

Hi I am a photographer and have never flown a drone before (other than a toy one) I have also never done any video editing before -- but I am about to change that-- OK & here comes the question. Do I really need the Phantom 3 pro or would I be better off with just the Phantom 3 advance- would I even need the 4k Thanks
Personally, I went with the Advanced. I figured I'd spend the $ on an extra battery and a nice case rather than bump the camera specs even further past what I'm likely to need in the near term.
Worst case scenario, if you see you want the 4k spec, just sell the P3A and upgrade :)

I'm in a similar situation and went back and fourth for a couple weeks. I finally went with the P3 Pro. I figured if I didn't need the 4k for a particular project I could still shoot in 1080P. If I did need it? It's there. I went with the bundle from Drones Etc that includes a hard rolling case or backpack, extra battery and a 64g memory card.

One of the deciding factors for me was that the Professional comes with a more powerful charger (100 watts) vs the Advanced (57 watts). Hopefully, this will provide for much faster charges, which will come in handy for videos that require extended and multiple flights.

If photography is your thing then the good news is that both the P3A & P3P both take the same quality stills. I went with the P3A because im not convinced that we really see the benefits of 4K on most of the devices we use to view the footage, even a 4K TV needs to be larger than 80" if you are sat 10ft away, any smaller and you wont be able to tell the difference between that and 1080p.

Plenty of people will disagree with me and if you search the forums this has been covered plenty of times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers