Another newbie from Scotland

Reaction score
Hi everyone, there's not a lot for me to say at the moment as I don't even have my Phantom yet. I ordered it today, a PA3 plus spare battery, and it should arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping for decent weather at the weekend!

LFS

Hi everyone, there's not a lot for me to say at the moment as I don't even have my Phantom yet. I ordered it today, a PA3 plus spare battery, and it should arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping for decent weather at the weekend!

LFS
Hahahahahahaha - decent weather, in Scotland - hahahahahahaha.... that's a good one - sorry, just looked at a flurry of snow here.

Enjoy the first flight - don't panic!

Where you based?

LFS

Weather is great here in Fife just now. Just hoping it lasts to the weekend. Where you from LFS?

Well since I last posted things have perked up here considerably on the Cromarty Firth.... might get out to overfly an old fish trap in the bay after all - once the tide drops...
Udale 2302.jpg

LFS
Welcome. You're going to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

U've got awesome landscape!! Don't forget to read about the failsafe altitude... U do have some great "hills".!

Reactions: Low Flying Scotsman
Thanks fin. Where exactly is the meet? I'd love to get some idea what to expect.

This will also be my first meet so I am in kinda the same boat as you. The meet is at Ravenscraig park, Kirkcaldy, Fife at 1pm. Its just a get together of a few Facebook groups. Its not just Phantoms that will be there. There's meant to be a few different drones to have a look at. One of the Facebook groups I am on is called Scottish Multirotors. have a wee look when you get a chance.

I am also going to join a club called Kinross Radio Model Flying Club. It has all sorts of RC's from Helicopters, plains to drones. Will be good for meeting people with similar interests.

I was a member of KRFC a few years back. Mostly flying gliders and some others. What's your real name if you don't mind me asking? I'll have an ask around when I get there. (I'm shortish, bald and 60, will have on a dark blue jacket) Will check out Scottish Multirotors.

Good stuff neeb, I won't miss you with the dugs. :) Here's a quick link to a landing at Kinross with my Skyeasy glider. Great fun with that wee thing. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4