another newb fpv question. what exactly is needed?

Driffill said:
I only have a 200mW Tx, so it didn't fry, 600 or above will!

I did hand tighten, but that didn't work out to well lol, I use a small pointy nosed soldering plyers to hold it while I tighten now, I was going to try some elec tape etc around the connectors, but that was surprisingly flimsy and awkward to get on well.

Thanks for the info. I'm always looking to lighten the load. I guess it couldn't hurt to have a small pair of pliers on me as well.

For anyone who's checking this thread out, after replacing my whip antennas with the bluebeams, they seem to be working a lot better. Not in the sense that I'm getting more distance out of my fpv, but the static/cut-outs are much less, if not non existent. I'm out in wide open space with hardly anything to interfere and I'm starting to cut out at about 1k. Again, I'm talking about my fpv - I think the Phantom's got a lot more left in it. If you're not keeping score, I've got that Storm "deluxe" system from Helipal. It's a very nice system but I'm starting to think that down the line I'm going to want to upgrade to one that's getting people 2.5k distance.

I'm totally fine now for what I've got. As it is, I start having panic attacks when I lose line of sight on it when it's 100ft away.

Having a lot of fun with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4