Another new version of Phantom

Reaction score
This ad says its the same as the Phantom 1 but I see its equipped with a 5.8GHz TX/RX and they say it can go 300 meters but I thought that's what they say you could get out of the Phantom 1 with the 2.4GHz TX/RX, Wouldn't range be different? Or am I missing something? And why does DJI keep coming out with different versions and such a short time frame? If I knew they where going to come out with so many different versions so quickly I would have held off for a better one!

Whats with the Wi-Fi and 2.4GHz Receiver are they easier to interfere with?
http://www.uavdirect.com/Phantom-FC40-UAV-p/pfc40.htm

5.8 has less range than 2.4. So 300 meters is right. This is basically the diet vision. Junk camera at a cheap price. If you want fpv to you iPhone out of the box but can't afford $1200 then you buy this one.

The vision is the RTF fpv version of the phantom for people who don't want to fiddle with DIY upgrades.
The FC is the little brother of the vision. Half the cost. Half the flight time. Half the image quality. Half the fun. Twice as much beer money left over.
The phantom 2 is the phantom 1 with a longer flight time via bigger battery and added internals for gimbals and fpv and fun. The 2 comes in two versions, with or without DJI's zenmuse gimbal. If you don't have a gimbal, get it with. If you have a zenmuse or want to do a 3 axis gimbal, go without. The 2 is the more fun of the choices.

DJI wants the 1%, the 53% and the 47% to all be able to fly phantoms so made it possible by offering them from $570 to $1200.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl