Another new Perth Australia flyer

Reaction score
I cancelled my Mavic order a couple of weeks ago, it was just taking way too long, and instead picked up a second hand P3 Pro at a really good price.

Very happy it turned out this way as I have found the P3 for me is nearly as portable as a Mavic, it fits my camera backpack that I would carry anyway with my other video gear. I like the clearance it has, and I think I wouldn't be landing the Mavic on the terrain I am using for the P3.

The plan was to upgrade when the Mavic becomes more widely available, but given the above experience with the P3, I reckon I might opt for the bigger sensor on the P4 Pro instead.

The P3 is giving me the chance to learn to fly and make some mistakes that while they could be costly, would be no where near as costly if I was making them on a Mavic.

I am lucky I have a terrific regional park less than a kilometre from home that no one seems to use but me and the kangaroos, it's probably got something to do with the snakes :)

Here's some footage from the third test flight this week:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The shot over the kangaroos was one of those magic moments when all of the video planets aligned.

Look forward to taking part in the forum, have already learnt heaps (including how to fit my drone in the Lowenpro backpack).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That looks really good. Nice work with the filming and editing, you are up for a lot fun and you have access to somewhere where you can fly without getting hassled. North of Perth, Chittering or Middle Swan?

The main reason for getting the drone is for a film project I am doing on Fastest Known Time attempts on the Bibbulmun track, so will be down your way flying at some stage.

The main reason for getting the drone is for a film project I am doing on Fastest Known Time attempts on the Bibbulmun track, so will be down your way flying at some stage.

No worries, the Bibbulmum passes through where I live. You can PM me when you get down this way.

Welcome to the forum knoddie .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hi noddie welcome to the forum they are very helpful and knowledgable. I am in the northern suburbs also
Your video looks good looks like marshall rd area seabird P4

Nice to see some other Perth pilots here!

I'm a new Phantom 4 Pro flyer based in Fremantle. I've managed 4 flights so far at some local beaches during sunrise when the beach is empty.

I'm waiting on some spare batteries to be delivered before I drive further out of town to some remote areas [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nice to see some other Perth pilots here!

I'm a new Phantom 4 Pro flyer based in Fremantle. I've managed 4 flights so far at some local beaches during sunrise when the beach is empty.

I'm waiting on some spare batteries to be delivered before I drive further out of town to some remote areas [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yep there a few of us over this way that have access to some of the best flying areas in the world. Not sure if you aware that Drones2 is next door to you at Hamilton Hill, they stock pretty well everything drone related and the owner is helpful and knowledgeable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers