Another New IOS Pilot App Drone Volt Pilot

Reaction score
Hi fellow flyers, I came across this brand-new iOS app for the phantom/inspire series. Drone Volt Pilot showed up in the App Store last night. Has anyone come across it before? It pretty slick but being so new, and expensive, I'm inclined to wait for the early adopters.

Drone Volt Pilot by drone volt
Drone Volt Pilot on the App Store

Drone Volt Pilot

Thoughts?

Dave

Hi fellow flyers, I came across this brand-new iOS app for the phantom/inspire series. Drone Volt Pilot showed up in the App Store last night. Has anyone come across it before? It pretty slick but being so new, and expensive, I'm inclined to wait for the early adopters.

Drone Volt Pilot by drone volt
Drone Volt Pilot on the App Store

Drone Volt Pilot

Thoughts?

Dave
How much thats stupidly expensive!!

My thoughts?

"No-Fly-Zones Management
We provide in our app the maximum security we can by using the DJI No-Fly-Zones system to make you avoid flying over restricted areas."

Just what I need; another app to get this in my area:

image.jpeg

3 weeks ago there were 9 No Fly Zones around where I live. As of last Tuesday there are about 90. In many places there are 5 or 6 stacked on top of one another.

(FYI: These are almost all private airstrips on people's little farms.)

My thoughts?

"No-Fly-Zones Management
We provide in our app the maximum security we can by using the DJI No-Fly-Zones system to make you avoid flying over restricted areas."

View attachment 42792

3 weeks ago there were 9 No Fly Zones around where I live. As of last Tuesday there are about 90. In many places there are 5 or 6 stacked on top of one another.

Apparently golf can be fun!!!!

This app looks like it might have some possibilities.

There website is pretty vague with no user manual to view or download.

I will wait to see some reviews on this one before forking over money.

My thoughts?

"No-Fly-Zones Management

View attachment 42792

Dadcat, are you saying that the app will not let you fly in these yellow zones?

Looks pretty simple to use. Not sure I would be a buyer at $39.99 though...

My thoughts?

"No-Fly-Zones Management

View attachment 42792

I'm in a Gresham neighborhood and I'm right on the border according to an app I have. Like if I fly in my front yard it's illegal and my backyard not...haha

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay, this is where I'm still confused. I thought in the Authorization Zones, you need to just inform the airport operator that you plan to fly.

The No Fly Zones would then be the TFR's and the Class B restricted areas.

Anyone?

I really like Litchi, works well for me.

What I didn't see on this was the curves that Litchi has?

As far as the no-fly zones... it's been my speculation that those are imbedded in the APK file that these apps run off of. Am I wrong?

Dadcat: Is that map the actual Phantom's no-fly? The no-fly that's in the bird? (Makes me not wanna move to Portland.)

Sagebrush

U are correct sir. I just came across this app, and it is $9.99. Looks interesting, waiting to see if anybody on here is going to test it, and see if it gets good reviews...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GaryJD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj