Another new guy

Reaction score
Greetings, all.
After much research, including extensive reading of Phantom Pilots, I just bought a refurbed P3 Advanced which I have flown about 6 times. As you can see by my avatar, old motorcycles are my first love. Before that, I got my pilot's license and flew full-size for about 10 years, including about 20-30 hours of aerobatics, before getting into collecting motorcycles (Cant afford to do both, and I thought that I was going to run out of guardian angels)

My motorcycle riding buddy, who was also my flying buddy, bought a Hubsan. I forget which one-- it cost him about $269.00. He bugged me endlessly to fly it until I finally did. Then he bugged me to buy one, so I bought the Phantom. No regrets-my white bird is easier to see against a dark background than his black Hubsan, which is one of the advantages of the P3.

I have flown RC airplanes in the past. I was also learning to fly a full size helicopter. Between the RC plane experience, the helicopter experience, and fixed wing experience (and lack of rudder/tailrotor pedals), it is taking me just a bit to get used to controlling a quadcopter, but I am cautiously making headway.

I will read posts here a lot and will likely post little, since most members here have far more knowledge than I do. Thanks for being here!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome aboard!
Looks like you might have been bitten by the bug....
Yessir.
I swore at my buddy after I bought the Phantom, even though I knew I would like it, and then my wife swore at me for buying it. I'm not telling her what all the associated things cost me, like batteries, carry case, prop balancer, etc. Sometimes you can't win, but it's usually fun trying.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Thank you very much. I won't be shy, don't worry.
I chose this site because I noticed a lack of condescending knuckleheads, and complete acceptance of newbies, unlike some sites, be they quadcopter, motorcycle, etc. in addition to finding answers to every question I have had.

Reactions: dirkclod
Greetings, all.
After much research, including extensive reading of Phantom Pilots, I just bought a refurbed P3 Advanced which I have flown about 6 times. As you can see by my avatar, old motorcycles are my first love. Before that, I got my pilot's license and flew full-size for about 10 years, including about 20-30 hours of aerobatics, before getting into collecting motorcycles (Cant afford to do both, and I thought that I was going to run out of guardian angels)

My motorcycle riding buddy, who was also my flying buddy, bought a Hubsan. I forget which one-- it cost him about $269.00. He bugged me endlessly to fly it until I finally did. Then he bugged me to buy one, so I bought the Phantom. No regrets-my white bird is easier to see against a dark background than his black Hubsan, which is one of the advantages of the P3.

I have flown RC airplanes in the past. I was also learning to fly a full size helicopter. Between the RC plane experience, the helicopter experience, and fixed wing experience (and lack of rudder/tailrotor pedals), it is taking me just a bit to get used to controlling a quadcopter, but I am cautiously making headway.

I will read posts here a lot and will likely post little, since most members here have far more knowledge than I do. Thanks for being here!
Welcome to the forum @RelicRider

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Good luck and happy flying!

Welcome to the forum @RelicRider

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Good luck and happy flying!
Thanks Oso. I clicked the link as suggested. Regarding the firmware, my screen says "latest firmware". Checking the settings, it shows RC as 1.8. I cant seem to find the firmware for the AC. The only numbers I see on my screen are App 3.1.5, Version 1.10.90 and the controller serial number. The P3 flies well, so I assume all is okay.

I cant seem to find the firmware for the AC. The only numbers I see on my screen are App 3.1.5, Version 1.10.90 and the controller serial number. The P3 flies well, so I assume all is okay.
1.10.90 is the latest AC firmware version. If everything is going well with the versions you have, then yes you should be fine. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers