Another new guy with P3S, initial thoughts, couple questions

Reaction score
First off, great forum, I've been reading a ton prior to my first flight(s) today. Finally, got it out today at a park and my son and I had a blast. Quickly learned that a 16 year old video game kid can pick this up in about 10 minutes. I wasn't nearly as good a pilot, but I was blown away how easily this thing performs out of the box. I will be using to capture footage while off-roading and I'm stoked about the ease of use.
Right when we thought we were super pilots, we had our first wreck in our neighborhood (should have stayed at park, lesson learned). My issue is that after the wreck I ran over to the drone and picked it up because the props were off. But as I held it the blades seemed to speed up to full blast. I had my son shutdown the remote and app and nothing changed. I had to hold carefully and eventually got the battery pulled after trying to power down at the battery multiple times.

Is there a sure fired way to kill this thing in a situation like this?

Good news is that nothing broke and we flew again tonight and had a blast. Just that shutdown issue bugs me. Thanks guys.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456022967.116747.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456022992.149445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
by "the props were off" I assume you mean they weren't turning, but they were still on. If the drone was on its top it doesn't take a whole hell of a lot of pressure to stop the props, so I'm figuring it crashed and landed upside down. When you picked it up, the props started moving again, but because you had a grip on it, it couldn't go anywhere. The drone kept increasing power trying to get off the ground, and you kept holding on, and all you could do was pull the battery. Your son may be a good pilot, but there is a way to shut down the motors. With a csc, moving both sticks down and to the center. It sounds like everything came together just perfect for all this to happen. And remember, this is just a guess..LOL

Just got my first flight under my belt today too. Was nervous and excited for the first flight. Things went smooth luckily and I had no crashes. I'm in love.

Nice ,that feeling doesn't go away

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks @buford. Good to know. Your explanation makes sense related to what happened. I just need more batteries and I'll be flying a lot. Posting up cool pics as I collect them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a sure fired way to kill this thing in a situation like this?

Ha, lesson learned eh - what 16 yea old video game kid isn't good at whatever they use there eye-hand co-ordination for - I wouldn't doubt they could jump into an F-16 and take off.

You can do a CSC - both sticks down, left one into the right corner and right one into the left corner (lower center of the RC) - or when she is on the ground like that, just straight back/down on the left stick will shut her down.

Safe n happy flying - you know you will have to get a 2nd one now for your son - or rather for you, LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan