Another new drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandman259

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks promising, The legs look like there hinged, was waiting for them to retract.

...and what's the point? I thought this was a P3 forum... right? Not quite as stupid as the Apple Drone fake, but still pointless....

...and what's the point? I thought this was a P3 forum... right? Not quite as stupid as the Apple Drone fake, but still pointless....
you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Is 14 your age? This is the 2nd negative thing you've posted and you only have 4 posts. 50% negative? You're not going to make friends here with that attitude. This is a positive place.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Ed209
I don't surf this forum to make friends. I'm here to seek and share valuable operational or technological information and news about the technology we fly. What's the point in watching glitzy advertisements for non-existent or barely existent new-comers in the market space. I'm also not here to rack up a bunch of worthless posts just to see who responds.

Cool story bro. We'll be waiting for you're "valuable operational or technological information" because we need smart people like you here. Kind of contradictory of you to say since the only posts I've seen from you were garbage!

Reactions: drewski1126
I don't surf this forum to make friends. I'm here to seek and share valuable operational or technological information and news about the technology we fly. What's the point in watching glitzy advertisements for non-existent or barely existent new-comers in the market space. I'm also not here to rack up a bunch of worthless posts just to see who responds.

Super. Start sharing that valuable information and stop being a ****.

Looks awesome, more healthy competition for dji

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Put in off topic?

This is not Off-topic as it provides 4K video and a 3D axis gimbal for a price point much lower than a Phantom 3 that does the same.

So my questions are:
  • Who? Apparently, Xiaomi is a well know brand in China and a DJI competitor
  • Lightbridge equivalent or WIFI? I can't details on that.
  • 4K? "video at up to 3,840 x 2,160 at 30 fps". The Phantom does that at 24/25/30, but it also does 4096x2160p @ 24/25fps, which is what I would want.
  • Follow me: "There was also a rumor that the Mi Drone might have a "follow me" feature that worked with the company's super cheap Mi Band, but this turned out to be false." But then, I'm not really happy with the DJI follow-me either.
  • Distance: 2km. The DJI P3 distance (remote to craft with video feed) is 5km FAA, 3.5km CE.
  • Battery: 5,100 mAh. The P3 battery is 4480mAh, but the P4 is 5350mAh
  • "To make traveling easier, the cameras are removable and the landing gear folds up." That's kind of bonus
  • What controller app does it come with?
Anything else?

Sources:
Xiaomi's Mi Drone is pretty affordable for what it does
Xiaomi's remarkably cheap Mi Drone takes off in July

Last edited:
This really looks neat. The range sounds too good to be Wi-Fi based. If I remember it right DJI first advertised P3 range to be quite similar to this but later changed that to reflect the actual (better) values.
The camera and gimbal looks much more robust and not so fragile as our P3's gimbal. The only thing on MI that looks toyish is the controller.... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31