Another Mavic owner thinking about upgrading....

Reaction score
Got the Mavic but am having issues with it (errors) that go away on reboot and some video quality issues. I'm still well within the return time from the local computer store I got it at. I'm thinking about upgrading to the P4P for the far better camera but am concerned about carrying it on my motorcycle, which is a harley with a luggage rack and saddle bags. Can the legs but disconnected for travel? If not, I suppose it could fit in a backpack or case on my luggage rack. Any opinions on the upgrade or traveling with the P4 or P4P in general.

Thanks

Larry

The P series are a LOT more bulky, as you pointed out due to the landing gear... and no, not easily removable. My Mavic backpack is 1/3 the size of my P4p (hardshell) backpack, and I looed for the most compact one available. It is still totally doable I can take it with me on my mountain bike, but not nearly as compact as the Mavic... which is why I have both :rolleyes:

I have a hard case backpack for my P4 that I wear when riding my sports bike that is fine for travelling. Thought about strapping it on the back of the bike but the suspension is much firmer (ahem) than a Harley.

Reactions: iajetpilot
You can easily fit the P series craft in backpacks designed for them. Since getting a backpack for my P4P I've hardly flown my Mavic at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik