Another malfunctioning Vision

Reaction score
I purchased mine form B&H Photo. While their customer service is very good, it appears they have a bad batch of phantoms. Either that, or I've been pretty unlucky. The first unit kept losing connection less than 500 feet and crashed, so i returned it for a replacement, and now the second unit has a bad motor that has a hard time getting going without manual help spinning the blade. It's such a headache having to send a large package like that back and waiting two weeks to recieve the replacment, then waiting all day till the slacker UPS guy delivers it. I would hate to rely 100% on this machine for my business. They wont leave the package on the porch without signature either, so I'm glad I'm self employed in that sense, but I still lose field work. It's been a real pain in the ***, and yet there are more positive reviews than negative. Does anyone have words of inspiration to hang in there, because I'm about to **** can this idea . Has anyone purchased from B&H Photo and had the same results?

They sent my replacement overnight for $50.00. I purchased my first Phantom from B&H and it had a gimbal problem. They replaced the entire unit no questions asked. I purchased my next 2 from them about 2 or 3 weeks ago and have had no issues.

Regards,
J.

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I just have 2 units. Provided the laws ever become clear, I will be using them as a side-line business. I can't imagine making any money doing something you actually love. But my original one had a gimbal problem. The camera "nodded". I mailed it back for a replacement, no problem at all. In the mean time, I decided to have a back up unit (I have faith in DJI's product) and purchased the whole shebang again (extra batteries, carrying case etc) and that is the one they sent over night to me for $50.00. Ordered it at 3 PM and had it in Texas at my house before noon the next day. They sent the replacement unit 2 day air, free of charge to me and so far I've been happy with the aircraft. No "jello" effects right out of the box, have been able to get to and maintain 1000ft, although I'd like it to be 2500 ft, I don't see a reason to go that high and think its just asking for trouble. Have faith and patience. B&H will take care of you.

Regards,
J

JWarren said:
Sorry, I didn't explain that well. I just have 2 units. Provided the laws ever become clear, I will be using them as a side-line business. I can't imagine making any money doing something you actually love. But my original one had a gimbal problem. The camera "nodded". I mailed it back for a replacement, no problem at all. In the mean time, I decided to have a back up unit (I have faith in DJI's product) and purchased the whole shebang again (extra batteries, carrying case etc) and that is the one they sent over night to me for $50.00. Ordered it at 3 PM and had it in Texas at my house before noon the next day. They sent the replacement unit 2 day air, free of charge to me and so far I've been happy with the aircraft. No "jello" effects right out of the box, have been able to get to and maintain 1000ft, although I'd like it to be 2500 ft, I don't see a reason to go that high and think its just asking for trouble. Have faith and patience. B&H will take care of you.

Regards,
J

Great, yeah I'm in Texas too, and they delivered it ther second time two day as well. I do use it for the business, but it is very time consuming and so far I've had 95% down time, not to mention hours of video editing work.

This is nuts!!! I received my vision plus on Tuesday from B&H. We were waiting for it to come because we were all loaded ready to leave on our vacation as soon as UPS arrived. Long story short this vision plus is a pile of crap cant go more than 200 feet without loosing signal and RTH. I was able to go straight up 1024 feet once but thats all. I called B&H on my vacation and got an RMA number and return label. I literally just sat down from boxing this all up and sticking the label on it. Im going with a P2 H3-3D and gopro.

That is disheartening. If my 2 weren't working good I'd say they did indeed get a bad batch.

Detroit said:
This is nuts!!! I received my vision plus on Tuesday from B&H. We were waiting for it to come because we were all loaded ready to leave on our vacation as soon as UPS arrived. Long story short this vision plus is a pile of crap cant go more than 200 feet without loosing signal and RTH. I was able to go straight up 1024 feet once but thats all. I called B&H on my vacation and got an RMA number and return label. I literally just sat down from boxing this all up and sticking the label on it. Im going with a P2 H3-3D and gopro.

That settles it. There's too many similar scenarios. However, I dont know If going P2 H3-3D and Gopro would be less of a hassle, Certainly more money.

You've also got to keep in mind how many of these things B&H sells. I honestly doubt they are having more returns than anyone else. Just be thankful its a hassle free return.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers