Another loss of control and fall out of the sky...logs

Reaction score
I have flown this P3A for about a year without any issues. I've had many flights and made some awesome videos. My luck ran out today though. Flew out on 100% battery, updated firmware with good GPS, IMU and compass. After about a minute of flight I got a compass error followed by immediate GPS loss and the drone took off sideways in a circle. I tried to correct it After about 5 seconds I had a complete disconnect and that was it. I went looking for it; all I had to go by was a screenshot of the last known position so after searching a field for about an hour I had my shoes full of fox tails but I finally found it. Damaged but not that bad considering a fall from 200-300ft AGL. The gimbal is broken but I think I can get the drone flying. I started a RMA ticket with DJI so we'll see what they say.

Could someone take a look at the flight logs and see what happend?
I tried to upload the file, but it's too large so here's a link.

FLY262.DAT

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I have flown this P3A for about a year without any issues. I've had many flights and made some awesome videos. My luck ran out today though. Flew out on 100% battery, updated firmware with good GPS, IMU and compass. After about a minute of flight I got a compass error followed by immediate GPS loss and the drone took off sideways in a circle. I tried to correct it After about 5 seconds I had a complete disconnect and that was it. I went looking for it; all I had to go by was a screenshot of the last known position so after searching a field for about an hour I had my shoes full of fox tails but I finally found it. Damaged but not that bad considering a fall from 200-300ft AGL. The gimbal is broken but I think I can get the drone flying. I started a RMA ticket with DJI so we'll see what they say.

FLY262.DAT

Thanks!
Sorry for your loss. Does it was the first flight after the FW update?

Thanks, I tried that. I keep getting an error. I tried the other log viewer couldn't get it to work either.
Are you using the flight record stored by the app in your phone/tablet as suggested above or are you trying to upload the .dat file?

Still not working. I got other logs to sow up, but not this one. I played the log on the iPad there's nothing that I didn't know already. You just see the flight go on normally until GPS error and then flying out of control until disconnect.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-10_[11-49-50].txt
    217.2 KB · Views: 135
something messed up, you should have put it in atti mode right away, but you only had 5 seconds so I get it

isn't the warranty only a year? or is it really longer?

something messed up, you should have put it in atti mode right away, but you only had 5 seconds so I get it
isn't the warranty only a year? or is it really longer?
If the incident has been described correctly, putting it in atti mode would have made no difference.
After about a minute of flight I got a compass error followed by immediate GPS loss and the drone took off sideways in a circle.
The Phantom could not deal with conflicting information from the compass and GPS due to a compass error.
In that situation the Phantom ignores GPS and puts the Phantom into atti mode itself.
This is what the OP thought was "GPS loss".

the whole issue goes back to the compass.
Most likely causes would be either the compass was calibrated at a bad location or the Phantom was launched from somewhere close to too much steel (like from reinforced concrete).

Yeah I figured something was way off. The drone has never behaved like this. I'm pretty sure I'm out of warranty, but I'll see what DJI says.

Thank you guys.

FLY262.DAT

Thanks!
This isn't the right .DAT. There is no motorStart. Getting the right .DAT can be a challenge sometimes. Look here (bottom half of page) for help on picking the right .DAT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.