Another group is suing the FAA on registration

Ya, the IRS sickens me, yet the powers that be do literally nothing about it. Too stupid to jail I guess.

I didn't mean to be silly. And, I mean no disrespect either... but, you're constantly posting these silly "let's make a stand" threads. Why not take all of your energy and go make that stand if you know you can win this battle?

Two things.

One, I AM doing things. I have less skin in the game than a lot of people here, yet, I am out there trying to encourage things to go the way I think they should with my activism, and some money.

Two, I was INVITED to come here. Someone came over on one of my channels and said 'hey, we have this forum over here so come on over', to paraphrase, so I came over, and I try to post things that matter.

Not silly things like the norm of all these forums which is, "which one is better xxxx or Phantom 3?" "Which one should I get, xxxx or phantom 3".... "ordered my phantom a week ago and still nothing!!"

Now. I don't need to waste my time over here. I have other things to do, I ASSURE you!

After the invite, I stayed away because I frankly didn't have time, didn't care about which quad is better, didn't care about what was "cooler", etc.

The drone is a TOOL and nothing more. A better camera does not make you a better photographer. I have no problem leaving, it doesn't really mean that much to me to post on here.

If you would rather not talk about anything of substance, and just stick with the dribble that amounts to, "I just got a quad, never flew one before, flew it 2 miles away from me, over busy roads, peoples houses, and people and it crashed, what did I do wrong?"

Then MORE power to you!

Finally, I will say there is NOTHING silly about asking people to advocate for the hobby they all claim to love, instead of them just complaining here.

I provide links for people who want to be involved, and i spend some of my time trying to be a good "drone" citizen and doing what I feel is best for the future of drones.

There is also nothing silly about keeping people informed about what is going on in their area of interest.

There is also nothing silly about people challenging the government when they step over the legal line.

But you know what? I am out. Rubs hand together and flips them palms up, and walks away from the table.

Enjoy!

Reactions: JKDSensei
If you are so sure they will win, then why hasn't the AMA sued them yet? Perhaps they know something that these other small fries do not.

This is a ridiculous comment

I didn't mean to be silly. And, I mean no disrespect either... but, you're constantly posting these silly "let's make a stand" threads. Why not take all of your energy and go make that stand if you know you can win this battle?

..and this one even more so

It's kind of hard to take on the .gov by your lonesome, nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about your cause. Do you ever ask people at football stadiums why they're cheering for a team when they aren't on the field.... ?

Reactions: The Suburban Hippie
This is a ridiculous comment
I think it's even more ridiculous that the AMA is sitting on the sidelines doing nothing if the FAA really is doing something illegal. Old men or not, they should surely know the law and whether or not it's possible to reverse the FAA's actions.

It's kind of hard to take on the .gov by your lonesome
John Taylor did. And, it looks like only 126 people backed him with a donation. If that number is accurate, then I'd say we need less cheerleaders and more football players on the field.

I think it's even more ridiculous that the AMA is sitting on the sidelines doing nothing if the FAA really is doing something illegal. Old men or not, they should surely know the law and whether or not it's possible to reverse the FAA's actions.
They are, while nothing has been directly related to the registration itself they have gotten the DC ban lifted and are working on micro rules for commercial flyers (and also the registration issue). While some people are anti-AMA, they are the only group out there that is doing anything for the hobby. Who do you suggest people support that is helping the hobby out?

LuvMyTJ said:
They are, while nothing has been directly related to the registration itself they have gotten the DC ban lifted and are working on micro rules for commercial flyers
Exactly. They are working on things that actually matter -- and, that they know they have a fighting chance to win. Others are just out wasting their money. They'd be better off donating their money to the AMA so it can be put to better use.

"John Taylor did. And, it looks like only 126 people backed himwith a donation. If that number is accurate, then I'd say we need less cheerleaders and more football players on the field."

Of this one point, I agree. I was one of those 126 people.

.....and that is why I take my time to get on a place like this, and try to be an activist.

Instead of people just keeping their heads in the sand, and hoping everything will be okay, I try to rile people into action.

However, I guess it is a waste of time, because there are so many people, like you above me that say not to fight the system, and so many people that just follow those, because they have a lot of posts under their belt..

It is the old, argument by authority.

I can tell you all this. If people don't pull their heads out of the sand and get involved, companies like Amazon will own the skies, and there won't be a THING anyone can do about it after the fact.

Not the people concerned about drones flying over their houses. not the people concerned about being spied upon, and it won't be safe with all these commercial drones flying around delivering packages.

One will fall out of the sky, Amazon will just pay some people off, and that will be that.

So much for all the FAA oversight. They can regulate the little guy to death, but companies like Amazon have millions and millions of dollars to lobby with and to throw around to get what they want.

However, as I said, I am done with my activism. I thought it was a waste of time. I changed my mind briefly, but it isn't that important to me.

I see drones as a tool. A very unique tool to try and take pictures and scenic videos with. I can do that in other ways like I always have...

Happy posting! :)

These forums are becoming more and more like the current presidential campaign. We are self destructing. There is no way we would be able to unite and save this hobby if all we do is fight and argue within.
I agree. And SH, he has this site down pat.

If you are so sure they will win, then why hasn't the AMA sued them yet? Perhaps they know something that these other small fries do not.
Looks like I was right..... I had no doubt they would win, because I KNEW the order was illegal! I knew based on reading the law.

The AMA knew also, but the old farts that manage it have no will to fight. They probably are too busy falling asleep at the meeting tables...

I have no issue with old people, in fact I love them and respect them. However, we pay for a membership and with that membership I expect representation, not just an email telling me that someone who was fighting for our rights for free has done...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20