Another FC40 Pilot!!

Reaction score
Hey guys been reading a lot on this forum recently and decided to make an account to introduce myself....
Arvy is the name and i am a 22y/o DJI Phantom FC40 Pilot from the City of Honolulu, Hawaii in the USA.
i`ve been flying my FC40 for couple of months now and i say this flying machine is awesome,
i have been into a lot of trouble from either inside or outside of the FC40, but actually able to fix them with some research over the net.

My FC40 is been set up as an FPV machine, below are the equipments (if interested) i used onboard and groundstation.

-ONBOARD-
+DJI Phantom FC40(Stock)
+2.4gHz LawMate Video Transmitter (vTX)
+2.4gHz Bluebeam Omni-directional antenna (vTX side)
+GoPro Hero3 White Edition
+GoPro Hero3 mini USB to vTX cable (to transmit the GoPro video to the vTX)
+GoPro Hero3 32mm CPL Lens
+1000mAh 3s LiPo Battery (to power the vTX)
+Phantom 2 9443 Self Tightening Propellers
+2200mAh Turnigy 3s LiPo Battery (to power the FC40)
+2x Original Green Strobon Strobe Lights (this two has been installed from inside the FC40 by drilling the two front facing air vent)
+2x Blue Strobon XL Strobe Lights (each of this has a non blinking blue led, and white blinking strobe led light, both are attatched in bottom side battery compartment of the FC40)

-Ground Station-
+FatShark Teleporter V3 (Note: i do not use the integrated 5.8gHz receiver in the goggles, i have an external 2.4gHz receiver that matches the vTX)
+2.4gHz external receiver
+7" LCD Monitor (this is attached inside the FC40 case for external video output just incase there are others who want to join the fun)
+2.4gHz Bluebeam Mad-mushroom Omni-directional antenna (vRX version)
+2200mAh 3s LiPo Battery (to power the LCD)

Pictures and a video link will be provided
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPvLCZhLiU

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 757
Nice setup man! Nice to see other people from Hawaii with FC40's. Everyone else here on Molokai are running Phantom 2's.

Nice setup. I too am curious about the flight time. I have tried lots of different setups, but with this quad weight is an issue as it dramatically affects flight time. I could only get 6 minutes flight time max on my heaviest setup. My current setup is with the FC40 cam and a Mobius. It is light weight and I still get good flight time. Still, you have a lot of nice places to fly there in Hawaii enjoy.

Hello,
My name is Szymon (Simon), I have recently moved to Honolulu HI. I was looking for a place where people I could find some information about flight sites and meet other people to fly.
I was unable to find anything else but this forum, so I have decided to create a Facebook group where we all can have discussions as well as create events where
we could meet up and ply together. I hope that this group is going to help with easier and faster communication. So please join it feel free to post anything you
want that is related to quadcopters or fpv flying, also invite other people to the group that you know of living in Honolulu area. Here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/honoluluquad/
Hope to see you all there soon!

im gettin between 8-9 minutes of regular flying time before the 1st warning start
and 10-11 minutes before the fc40 starts its auto decent.
im happy so far on my setup, its always been fun flying around the park, and take some good shots on the sun as it sets down :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj