Another DJI Warranty Story- worth reading I think!

Reaction score
So I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced in November of 2015. I had flown it several times with great success.... And then one day... At 93ft, climbing over a building towards a golf course, it simply shut off and fell out of the sky! It fell on the building and rolled off the three story building to the ground.

In the wreck I lost the battery, and the camera and gimbal.

The bird was destroyed.

I was so upset because there wasn't anything I could see that I did to cause it.

I contacted DJI US support via email and asked for a warranty repair or replacement.

I mailed it, with their shipping label. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks.

My repair status kept saying "awaiting payment".

Then today.... I check again, and it says "free of charge!".

I am excited to have my drone back.

We shall see what they do when it comes back!

Fingers crossed.

This is how it's coming back.

img_0412-jpg.22395

JK.

Everything crossed.
Let us know how it goes, are they replacing the battery too?

So I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced in November of 2015. I had flown it several times with great success.... And then one day... At 93ft, climbing over a building towards a golf course, it simply shut off and fell out of the sky! It fell on the building and rolled off the three story building to the ground.

In the wreck I lost the battery, and the camera and gimbal.

The bird was destroyed.

I was so upset because there wasn't anything I could see that I did to cause it.

I contacted DJI US support via email and asked for a warranty repair or replacement.

I mailed it, with their shipping label. Didn't hear anything for a few weeks.

My repair status kept saying "awaiting payment".

Then today.... I check again, and it says "free of charge!".

I am excited to have my drone back.

We shall see what they do when it comes back!

Fingers crossed.

Talk about a total loss. Ouch. Yeah and like Daveleeds said its a pro, not advanced. Either way, ouch. Please make sure to let us know all the whats any hows of your transaction with DJI. Good luck.

Same happens to me 12/18. Mailed to then 12/20. Got it back fully repaired under warranty 01-15 they didn't tell me what was fixed no what had happened. Just the day it shipped to me 01/11 that status changed. Mines said PAYMENT CONFIRMED even tho I didn't pay them. Total 24 -24 day return time. Quite happy yet quite perplexed

With the number of warranty repairs we are seeing on this forum, it is obvious DJI is having problems.

With the number of warranty repairs we are seeing on this forum, it is obvious DJI is having problems.
I don't think that's true. I think there a ton of these in the field and that the repairs are not common. Just whenever there is a wreck the first post is here. This is a source of information in a difficult time. This is the OP's first and second post. Just sayin.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

This is how it's coming back.

img_0412-jpg.22395

JK.
Yeah that's how mine looked when I sent it to them. Except I didn't have the battery or the camera.

So will they send it back with a Battery? I asked them to! I told them what happened and told them what was missing. The camera and battery are still on the roof it hit. I bought another Phantom Pro when the Advanced fell out of the sky! I flew instantly to see where the battery and camera was. It is still on the roof!

I will follow up and let you all know what happens. When I shipped it I sent it destroyed, no battery, no camera, no blades... Etc. my flight recorder on the DJI GO app shows it flying and simply shutting off for no reason. Had 75%+ battery, everything good to go. Just shut off for no reason.

I bought a Pro because I wasn't convinced DJI would do anything. But I was so happy today to see they are fixing it for free. My only complaint is, once I sent the bird to them, and they got it, they stopped talking to me all together. I've tried emailing etc. and they refuse to talk to me!

Here's the roof the battery is on! If you look to the left the battery is near the edge and the camera and gimbal are bottom and to the right!
image.jpeg

Yeah that's how mine looked when I sent it to them. Except I didn't have the battery or the camera.

So will they send it back with a Battery? I asked them to! I told them what happened and told them what was missing. The camera and battery are still on the roof it hit. I bought another Phantom Pro when the Advanced fell out of the sky! I flew instantly to see where the battery and camera was. It is still on the roof!

I will follow up and let you all know what happens. When I shipped it I sent it destroyed, no battery, no camera, no blades... Etc. my flight recorder on the DJI GO app shows it flying and simply shutting off for no reason. Had 75%+ battery, everything good to go. Just shut off for no reason.

I bought a Pro because I wasn't convinced DJI would do anything. But I was so happy today to see they are fixing it for free. My only complaint is, once I sent the bird to them, and they got it, they stopped talking to me all together. I've tried emailing etc. and they refuse to talk to me!

Here's the roof the battery is on! If you look to the left the battery is near the edge and the camera and gimbal are bottom and to the right! View attachment 41660

Holy cow. I see that battery crazy. !!
Props on doing the recon to see what happened or what was left after the fact with another phantom

Ditto on no contact until finally told fixed and fixed under warranty and being shipped to me now 25 days later. ...

Holy cow. I see that battery crazy. !!
Props on doing the recon to see what happened or what was left after the fact with another phantom

Ditto on no contact until finally told fixed and fixed under warranty and being shipped to me now 25 days later. ...

I want to get a ladder and see if the battery will still work after the rains? But I'm guessing not, and even if it did I wouldn't trust it

What would've happened had it not rolled off the roof? No warranty repair right? If this happened over water and it wasn't recoverable you might be out of luck?

So what happens if that lipo shorts out and starts a fire that burns down that building? those are very finicky. Perhaps consider contacting the building owner.

Last edited:
What would've happened had it not rolled off the roof? No warranty repair right? If this happened over water and it wasn't recoverable you might be out of luck?

Yeah I'd be out of luck for sure. I would have probably figured out a way to go get it.

So what happens if that lipo shorts out and starts a fire that burns down that building? those are very finicky. Perhaps consider contacting the building owner.

Yeah I know the building owner. It's laying in a puddle of water. It's been raining here for months and snowing.

Got notification from DJI they've replaced my Phantom 3 Advanced and have shipped it! Since they won't talk to me.... Can't wait to see what I get back

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj