Another Death Drop

Re: Another Death Drop - Battery FAIL

I am sorry about your buddy's crash.

I am not going to speculate as to why it went down, I am a noob.

BUT, that bird didn't just drop because of a dead battery. Looking at the video frame by frame, it is clear that the LED's had power and the props were under power during the flip.....I think something else was going on.

I don't know what the failure was, but you might want to figure that out before you argue with any seller or whomever.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was under the impression that the battery fails have been more of a reset instead of an all out fail meaning the LED lights come back on as it only interrupts the power flow for a split second but I guess the LED would be green instead of red if that happened.

I will tell him to push the eBay seller first for a replacement but I do not agree that if it turns out to be a manufacturing fault that DJI should not be held responsible. These things may be considered "cheap" for what they are but to have $1500 fall from the sky with no warning and seemingly no reason does not get justified due to their price.

None of the motors feel any stiffer to turn than the others so I don't think it was a motor freezing up.

Don't really know what to do now

Joel_t said:
None of the motors feel any stiffer to turn than the others so I don't think it was a motor

Motor "stiffness" has nothing to do with a momentary electrical fault.

Death From Above said:
Joel_t said:
None of the motors feel any stiffer to turn than the others so I don't think it was a motor

Motor "stiffness" has nothing to do with a momentary electrical fault.

Yeah I know that I was just responding the comment about sand or something getting into it and jamming it. Maybe a solder has broken of the board or something.

Death From Above said:
Monte55 said:
Think about the gal that spilled hot coffee on herself.

So many people aren't familiar with the facts about that case. It wasn't a frivolous lawsuit.

http://www.upworthy.com/ever-hear-about ... r-millions

Thank you. I was getting ready to post the same thing. Amazing how urban myths propagate to the point that people never bother to check the facts, they just accept the myth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers