Another connection problem thread

Reaction score
Ok so this is driving me crazy[emoji35] Kinda at the end of my rope (which wasn't very long to begin with)

So bought a P3P as an open box from a company on eBay, everything looked good as new. Got it home, updated firmware as per DJIgo app, hooked up with my ZTE Warp Elite smart phone, everything worked fine and flew it around my yard. Only thing was the video feed was very laggy and often froze completely, I chocked it up to my phone being loaded with crap and decided I wanted a dedicated tablet instead

Got a referbed Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (marshmallow) from Wal-Mart.com, downloaded the app, but it won't connect... it has connected randomly twice, but that's it...

I start the rc, I start the phantom, plug the tablet in and it pulls up dji go app, but the "camera" button doesn't turn blue and when I click it, no video feed. I noticed when I do it with my phone, app comes up, automatically switches to my drone and gray "camera" button turns blue... with the tablet it just pulls the app up..., when I click on the gray button, no video or info from the drone. I can fly the drone, but no video or anything

Tried with different wires, reinstalled the app, wiped the sd card on the phantom, tried reinstalling the firmware(didn't do anything)

Any ideas? What might I be doing wrong?
Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
Could very well be a Marshmallow issue. I run a Galaxy Tab A7 and keep it on Lollipop. My Galaxy S5 phone worked great with Lollipop and once updated to Marshmallow. Nada.....If you are using the TAB only for your bird, try reverting back to Lollipop. Not a simple task but can be done.

Thanks for the reply, after some quick Google, I don't think a downgrade is possible atm... the stock Rom for my model isn't available, think rooting it may help?

I don't really have the luxury of just getting another tablet

Hope someone can help me I just purchased my first ever Drone Phantom 3 standard and I',m having all sort of issues trying to get it to connect keeps telling me no internet connection on my iPhone 7 plus. I can see the phantom in my wi fi settings but cannot get past this. So far I've been researching for 5 hours and cannot find a solution. I live in Australia so hoping someone can help me as it's very frustrating

I',m having all sort of issues trying to get it to connect keeps telling me no internet connection on my iPhone 7 plus. I can see the phantom in my wi fi settings but cannot get past this.
That's normal. Since your Phantom is not connected to the Internet, you're always going to see that message when connecting via Wi-Fi.

I had the same problem with my P3S and P3A,...Try putting device in airplane mode.

Update:
So out of frustration, I went to my local Wal-Mart, bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 that according to Wal-Mart description, had android lollipop installed. When I booted it you can imagine the frustration I had when I saw it loading android marshmallow... I decided to try it for giggles considering I've already gone this far.
Strangely? It worked... connected and worked fairly smoothly. flew around a bit and it worked fine.
I connected and disconnected it a few times, and while I did have some hiccups, I was still able to get it to connect

So basically I have no idea wtf is going on, all I know is that nougat is planned for the tab e and hopefully that will 100% fix the issue
If I figure anything else out, I'll post about it thanks for the help though

Reactions: p3s_noob

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20