Another compass question

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know this topic has been issued many times and i can say i have almost read every aspect of it but..
I still don't actually understand how this compass works in detail.

I have had my phantom2 V+ for a couple of months now and i have only calibrated the compass once.
This was when i took it out of the box when i got it. I saw on a Dji tutorial film once that the compass value range
Should be around 1400 - 1600. I check this regularly and it's always around the 1450 - 1560.
I have taken my phantom to many locations even to Italy and i live in The Netherlands. I never recalibrated the compass ever but i also never experienced any strange flight issues. I also read a lot about people having problems with J-hooks and TBE. Never experienced anything like that!

My question: Is there anyone how can tell me what these compass values mean and i they change if you recal on a different location? Because i get the feeling that if it is between 1400 - 1600 or so it doesnt matter where you are at least not in Europe?

A bit of a long story i know. Thanks!

Please be sure to place your topics in the correct area. I have moved this from 'News" for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20