ANOTHER CANADIAN GROUNDED

Reaction score
I paid good money to get a p4, and it worked well after I figured out how to get it going it worked well for about 2 months than the firmware updates started and it has had problems ever since. now I cannot get the camera to show on the tablet and is very hard to link up to the aircraft. I have wasted so much time on this that I'm ready to throw it into the garbage and do something else with my time. I live in Canada rural, and don't have the issues I read about from other poor Canadians. but of course not I can only fly it visually. does anyone have any suggestions to make getting it going properly without spending the rest of my life trying to do it on my own?

Martin, I am in Canada and my wife and I each have a P4. Mine is about 5 months old, her's 3 months old. Mine has worked flawlessly through all the updates and I have almost 200 miles in over about 75 flights and have never even had to replace a prop. She has had connection problems from the start. Hard to get it to connect when starting, disconnecting in flight, which got worse. About 2 weeks ago it disconnected and we have not been able to get video since - she gets the No Video Transmission warning. Still flies find. After a lot of back and forth with DJI on email, it is on its way to the repair facility in California for hopefully a repair or replacement under warranty.

I am a glutton for punishment, so upon reading that it will likely be 4-8 weeks before we get it back, I bought her a refurbed P4 at Bestbuy for $900 so she will have something to fly during the couple of months of half decent weather we have on the east coast of Canada each year.

If it is still under warranty, go on the DJI website and start a repair claim. I see that Bestbuy is now adverting that they will repair DJI products - might be an option if you are out of warranty.

Good luck.

Martin, I am in Canada and my wife and I each have a P4. Mine is about 5 months old, her's 3 months old. Mine has worked flawlessly through all the updates and I have almost 200 miles in over about 75 flights and have never even had to replace a prop. She has had connection problems from the start. Hard to get it to connect when starting, disconnecting in flight, which got worse. About 2 weeks ago it disconnected and we have not been able to get video since - she gets the No Video Transmission warning. Still flies find. After a lot of back and forth with DJI on email, it is on its way to the repair facility in California for hopefully a repair or replacement under warranty.

I am a glutton for punishment, so upon reading that it will likely be 4-8 weeks before we get it back, I bought her a refurbed P4 at Bestbuy for $900 so she will have something to fly during the couple of months of half decent weather we have on the east coast of Canada each year.

If it is still under warranty, go on the DJI website and start a repair claim. I see that Bestbuy is now adverting that they will repair DJI products - might be an option if you are out of warranty.

Good luck.

UNFORTUNATLY IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY - It is doing exactly what you have described, but I'll be dam*** if I am going to spend more money on this thing, I was going to buy a new mavic or p4 pro, but I don't think I want dji to milk me for more money So I wanted to do it myself, But thanks for your help.

I did a bit of research and someone with that problem had stated that it was the "ribbon cable" that was the problem, if that makes any sense. At least most parts don't seem too hard to find and there are lots of videos on repairing them.

UNFORTUNATLY IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY - It is doing exactly what you have described, but I'll be dam*** if I am going to spend more money on this thing, I was going to buy a new mavic or p4 pro, but I don't think I want dji to milk me for more money So I wanted to do it myself, But thanks for your help.
Image transmission issues are sometimes something as simple as a faulty USB cable from the controller to your device, formatting the microSD card or changing it for a quality card. You haven't mentioned what type of device you are using (Android/iOS) and how you have it set up. FWIW, I only use iOS after having been down your road when I first bought mine 10 months ago, hasn't missed a beat since. What version of DJI GO4 are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20