Another battery charging question

Reaction score
Say I charge my batteries on a Saturday, but don't end up flying on the Sunday. In fact - maybe I don't fly until the following Saturday (7 days). At this point the batteries would have lost some juice - should I "top them up" or would that be bad?

My personal opinion is it is better to fly with a topped off battery. Depends too how you have your settings as far as when they start to discharge. I changed my setting from 10 days to 1 day. Sometimes weather changes or something comes up and I can't fly when planned and I don't want the batteries holding a charge too long.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
DJI recommends not storing the batteries fully charged for more than 3 days. For that reason, I set the discharge time to 2 days in the DJI GO app. No matter which number of days you decide to go with, it's always a good idea to top the batteries off before flying.

I have had batteries waiting to fly for 7 days and they showed 97%.(I should have checked the voltage, that would be a better gage). I think if dji set the discharge at 10 days one week will be fine. Lipos have a limited amount of charging cycles if you use them all up for nothing the batteries will still have x amount of charge/discharge cycles. To help your battery life don't take off in s mode with cold batteries, I let mine warm up a bit to reduce load shock, how fast you discharge them in flight will also reduce the life of your batteries but these birds are fast and I use it, I'll just get more batteries when the time comes. And always let your batteries cool before charging. The batteries will not charge when hot anyway but I let mine get room temp, that's why I got 4 so I am not in a hurry to charge. I try never to go under 15% and usually land around 20%. Then sometimes you just have to go more because you just had to make that last shot. (this may get you in kaka)

Last edited:
So you say it might be the battery's they have been stored for a couple month I charged 1 and tried it with no ability to arm Can I tettly discharge it an then recharge them? (I have 2 battery's )
Georgie1

Say I charge my batteries on a Saturday, but don't end up flying on the Sunday. In fact - maybe I don't fly until the following Saturday (7 days). At this point the batteries would have lost some juice - should I "top them up" or would that be bad?
If you have left the battery for a week,definitely top them up before flying.
If they don't charge at first, turn on the battery and then let it charge.

I strongly recommend taking the bullet, and go for the smart multiple charger from DJI.
You can set it for 50% charge (storage) or 100 % charge. Makes life (and flying) easier! Put 3 of them and they will charge (one by one) overnight and be ready to fly.
adfcfd5d7386e3f7036d111990d53015.jpg

I strongly recommend taking the bullet, and go for the smart multiple charger from DJI.
You can set it for 50% charge (storage) or 100 % charge. Makes life (and flying) easier! Put 3 of them and they will charge (one by one) overnight and be ready to fly.
adfcfd5d7386e3f7036d111990d53015.jpg

$90 just seems like such a massive ripoff for that. I almost can't justify it on principle alone!

For the DJI multicharger you can leave them on there all night, does it shut off power after charging is complete? I thought the big thing with LiPo's is not to leave them connected to the charger once they are charged?

The DJI charging hub will stop charging the batteries once done, but it does not power itself down. The big thing with Li-Pos is that you never want to leave them unattended when charging them.

Thats true, but, you can come hours later to disconnect, and not having to come every hour to swap batteries. Also, avoids having to spend valuable time waiting for each battery to come close to 50% to store them. That feature alone can safe you a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20