Another Bad Phantom 2 - Battery and Strange Noise

Reaction score
Received my Phantom 2 last night, put it together, connected to phone and immediately PROBLEMS!

1. Invalid Battery - http://bit.ly/1eSjqAd - after searching forums I see I am not the only one.

2. Unusual and possibly problematic noise emanating from camera
http://bit.ly/HTzkMP - Is this normal for a Phantom 2? It doesn't seems normal for any electronic devices I have ever owned before.

I appear to be a long way from my first flight and so far feel like I have just wasted my money. There is no way I would even attempt to fly the unit.

I am getting a replacement unit from the vendor so we'll see how that goes.

Unbelievable that they are still shipping them with known battery connector problems. There is no upside to doing that. Only disappoint frustrate and lose future sales. Crazy.

Sidewinder said:
Unbelievable that they are still shipping them with known battery connector problems. There is no upside to doing that. Only disappoint frustrate and lose future sales. Crazy.

I hope someone who cares about DJI's reputation gets the message and understands the implications of new customers receiving products that do not work. Sidewinder you seem to understand the bigger picture!

I was so excited about getting this, now I have a headache on my hands and am pissed off.

Toxicboy said:
http://bit.ly/HTzkMP - Is this normal for a Phantom 2? It doesn't seems normal for any electronic devices I have ever owned before.

This bit is normal - the gimbal servo runs at a high frequency to help with quick movement during stabilization. Also the camera has a small internal fan for cooling. It's not a fault, it's a Vision "feature"!

Toxicboy said:
Received my Phantom 2 last night, put it together, connected to phone and immediately PROBLEMS!

1. Invalid Battery - http://bit.ly/1eSjqAd - after searching forums I see I am not the only one.

I appear to be a long way from my first flight and so far feel like I have just wasted my money. There is no way I would even attempt to fly the unit.

I am getting a replacement unit from the vendor so we'll see how that goes.

Toxicboy,

I'm curious, have you connected your PV to the PV Assistant Software yet? If so, did it display the Invalid Battery error message in the program itself?

Thanks,
Ron

Yes the noise from the craft is normal for the vision. Sorry to hear about your battery. I started flying mine yesterday without a problem"............. So far!

rbarghini said:
I'm curious, have you connected your PV to the PV Assistant Software yet? If so, did it display the Invalid Battery error message in the program itself?

Sure did, both the iOS and Windows app reported invalid battery.

Toxicboy said:
rbarghini said:

Sure did, both the iOS and Windows app reported invalid battery.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of this error message on the Windows app and posting it here? Thanks

Sidewinder said:

I sent email to DJI today (to both email addresses on their website) stating exactly that. I told them that it's absolutely irresponsible to continue to ship this product and that they're damaging their reputation, possibly irreversibly. In the end I asked them to please do the right thing...

I don't know what they're thinking...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Sidewinder said:

I sent email to DJI today (to both email addresses on their website) stating exactly that. I told them that it's absolutely irresponsible to continue to ship this product and that they're damaging their reputation, possibly irreversibly. In the end I asked them to please do the right thing...

I don't know what they're thinking...

-slinger

If it were me and my business... upon learning of the issue (& the potential severity), I'd stop all shipments immediately and issue a recall - to keep these birds from flying until further notice. In the meantime, and at a minimum make a statement on the companies website acknowledging the issue and the direction/action they're going take to resolve it.

You're absolutely right Gunslinger. It's utterly irresponsible to continue shipping their defective product. All it's going to take is one instance where someone gets hurt or perhaps even killed and... yeah.

I've really no axe to grind with DJI or DroneFly the distributor who sold me the machine. I lean towards cutting DroneFly a bit of slack because they have to be about as confused as I about all the problems with this new product. That said, I won't put up with too much more delay and tap dancing over the issues with my purchase.

I've not had a battery issue .... YET ... but from the failed camera and sorry wifi connection (it keeps dropping connection) coupled with a plethora of known battery problems I can't use this PV with any degree of confidence. After all, customer confidence in a company and it's products are paramount in sustaining viability. DJI has enjoyed immense success in this field and has been innovative without question. But as the old saying goes "it takes 5 atta boys to make up for 1 Oh ****"! The fact that there are perhaps thousands of these new Visions now in the hands of customers and a certain percentage of them are all having the same problem and more are showing evidence of having problems every day, the question I now have is who the hell did the R&D and made the decision to ship these out? I know there was considerable pressure to get this thing to market evidenced by the original delay back in the summer. If you can count on excellent reliability fine send them out. If you can't then, there's always next Christmas.

Now that they've already shipped them and continue to ship knowing there are problems I'd say whoever has made the decisions has simply opened the company up to potential litigation at some point.

Bottom line .... I have no confidence in this product at this time and won't operate it until it's fixed...... either by the distributor, the manufacturer or worse case myself. I'm still waiting on my phone call from the distributor.

Sidewinder said:
I've really no axe to grind with DJI or DroneFly the distributor who sold me the machine. I lean towards cutting DroneFly a bit of slack because they have to be about as confused as I about all the problems with this new product. That said, I won't put up with too much more delay and tap dancing over the issues with my purchase.

I definitely agree - the distributors are caught in the middle. So I hope they are putting pressure on DJI.

I will say I was leary at first buying a v1.0 product... but its so **** cool!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.