Another Arrest! Fess up which one of you is Beesmer?

Flyer91 said:
seminole360 said:
I'm half tempted to give this hobby up if this is who the general public is going to associate me with. Good grief!!!

I got rid of my Phantoms last spring partly due issues with them, and partly due to wanting to see how this summer goes.
A few of us tried to get people to be more "aware" of what might happen if we kept pushing the limits and doing things that would cast a bad light on the sport.
Unfortunately a lot of of people here just didn't have the intelligence to be able to connect the dots and differentiate between what's legal for them to do, from what could bring on more heat and bannings .... as well as cast these flying cameras and the people that fly them, in a bad light.
Such is the state of the times we live in.

Although something might be legal, if a LEO deems it dangerous, you just might find yourself spending time and money to defend yourself in court ... or like in the case of the Washington Bridge fiasco, the LEO's might get away with just outright liyng about what you did, simply because they too are becoming prejudiced by the growing and undeniable negative slant on these in the media, and the same growing negative slant against the people that fly them .... in the minds of the public.

:lol:
I don't believe LEO's are becoming "prejudiced" by the media or people's sentiments. I do think that they quickly become tired of the nagging calls of the paranoid making them respond to one useless call after another instead of doing "real" work or cruising around. So, what do they do? Well most times they just tell the complainer that there's nothing they can do but if the person is persistent enough (in other words a PIA) they will take the next easiest route which is to confront the flier and do their best to shut it down with the least amount of time/work as possible. Threats,intimidation and even a quick citation are fast items in their toolbox that will stop the issue cold.
I do have to be honest and say that in my opinion those two "kids" that were flying near the bridge probably would NOT have ended up on the wrong end of a police action had they 1.Been adults older than say 30's-40's. 2. Been of another ethnic group. 3.Bowed and scraped appropriately when confronted by authority.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4