Annoying Walkera gimbal issue

Reaction score
I installed it and it works (haven't hooked up the tilt lever yet), but wow what a pain that mounting bracket is. With the GoPro right side up I can't attach my USB cable to it without taking the bracket apart each time, which is actually quite an annoying chore. I was hoping to use it for FPV, which means attaching it upside down isn't practical.

Another gimbal-related issue is that the drone (Phantom 1) now seems to wander about a bit in GPS mode while hovering. I read a few things about gain setting adjustments, so I'll continue to research that, but in the meantime MAN is that gimbal mount frustrating. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

And here I thought it was a successful install ...

I installed it and it works (haven't hooked up the tilt lever yet), but wow what a pain that mounting bracket is. With the GoPro right side up I can't attach my USB cable to it without taking the bracket apart each time, which is actually quite an annoying chore. I was hoping to use it for FPV, which means attaching it upside down isn't practical.

Another gimbal-related issue is that the drone (Phantom 1) now seems to wander about a bit in GPS mode while hovering. I read a few things about gain setting adjustments, so I'll continue to research that, but in the meantime MAN is that gimbal mount frustrating. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

And here I thought it was a successful install ...
I had the same issue with my SJ4000, I flipped the camera over and changed the settings to rotate.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know if I could flip the actual camera view ... I was doing it via software when it was fixed directly to the copter body. If you don't mind me asking: does your pitch control work? I can't mine to work, and I followed a YouTube video step by step. :-(

No idea why the forum has me on as "midiman" Haven't used that ID in a while.

JohnK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl