Annoyed by people approaching me

So this past Saturday, i was out in a park on the edge of a 5 mile radius to a small airport, not a major airport by any means.

I literally had the drone in the air for no more than 5 minutes when i get approached by some random person asking if i called the airport. I didn't lie, i said i had not b/c i was not going to be here long, just showing some friends the phantom, and wanted to grab a few quick shots of the city off of the lake. Next thing i know he starts saying how people here will report me and that he wasn't going to do it, but that people here do that, and that it was cool as long as i was being safe. I was really annoyed, but remained calm, and just brought the drone back down and put it away.

I was away from people, not flying over or near anyone, i was out over the lake. This person literally walked up a hill from about a half mile away just to come harass me.

I guess i could have been wrong for not calling the airport, but i was on the very edge of the 5 mile radius, and was no more than 100 feet out and 200 feet up, it was very windy so i didnt plan on being there long at all.....

In the past I've only had people come up and ask questions and just be curious. Nothing like this guy....who comes up to a total stranger and starts preaching..... Whats the best way to handle this situation?

Its really annoying when i'm trying to focus on flying safely to be bothered by people.
I hear people who have called airports have been told to quitwastingg their time.

Reactions: Suhail78

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers