Announcing Hivemapper

I regularly fly with Hivemapper, Go and Litchi. They each do different things. It seems like switching apps is smoother now than when I was back on Android 5, but on my Nexus 6 with Android 6, you just re-plug the USB, pick which of the 3 apps you want to fly with, and it just works.

Reactions: Ariel@Hivemapper
Does this replace DJI Go ??
Or work in concert with it ??

It's a different app, so they don't work together. Right now Hivemapper allows you to fly and take video and photos. It then also does what it is made to do and marks buildings in view of the camera and, in many cases, warns you of their height and when the drone gets close to the object.

Reactions: Ariel@Hivemapper
Wow please hurry up with ios app! Sooooo excited bout this. Wish we can help u add more buildings in different country. Cant u use google earth for some help?
Cant wait to try for ios!

Two things.... when Download Photos is select is gives a warning and then downloads "waypoints"? Why "waypoints" and not "photos"? While there is a warning that video/photos won't be available while "waypoints" are downloaded I think there should then also be a cancel button to interrupt the download process if the user wants. I wanted to try the download process and now I'm stuck downloading _every_ single photo on the SD card. I'm not sure how long it's going to take but it could be weeks! Or (and even better), change it to a selection process where the user can select the photos to download. I'd hate to be flying and select this option.... there all input from the drone is lost... in mid-flight.

Edit: Perhaps this is just an error in loading the selection screen. See below:

Last edited:
Wow please hurry up with ios app! Sooooo excited bout this. Wish we can help u add more buildings in different country. Cant u use google earth for some help?
Cant wait to try for ios!

Thanks for the positive feedback! What country would you want us to add building data for?

Two things.... when Download Photos is select is gives a warning and then downloads "waypoints"? Why "waypoints" and not "photos"? While there is a warning that video/photos won't be available while "waypoints" are downloaded I think there should then also be a cancel button to interrupt the download process if the user wants. I wanted to try the download process and now I'm stuck downloading _every_ single photo on the SD card. I'm not sure how long it's going to take but it could be weeks! Or (and even better), change it to a selection process where the user can select the photos to download. I'd hate to be flying and select this option.... there all input from the drone is lost... in mid-flight.

Edit: Perhaps this is just an error in loading the selection screen. See below:

It should only select the photos you took with Hivemapper. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. Can make the video public so we can see it or share with me via email ariel at hivemapper dot com.

I hear your point about calling them waypoints vs. photos. Let me explain why. We call them waypoints instead of photos b/c they include all the data you would need to create a waypoint so they are more than just a photo. When you capture waypoints everybody can see your waypoints when they fly

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl