Angry Birds.

Reaction score
It's spring in Australia, which means the birds and the bees.
Bees I'm ok with. It's the birds that are a concern.

I was flying in a industrial zone and had her flat stick yesterday and nearly flew out of range to lose the birds to land safely.

The obvious is to not fly near the nest. The problem is the initial flight when we don't know if a bird will attack it or not. There is no way assessing where the birds nest are.

Is there any stickers/reflective tape etc that would scare the bird off so we can prevent or safely land and go to another location?

Unless you have an Octo S1000, your phantom has no chance against an angry bird. 1-2cm missing from a prop will cause instability.

Also, a tip to outrun a bird is to fly away and up. Up so that there is a lower chance the bird can hit the prop.

Yes Mako .. what bird was it?
I've already had an Australian magpie go mental over my P2+.
It was very angry with it 300 metres out to sea and had me doing all kinds of evasive action to escape.
He followed me all the way back in.
I've had Ospreys and White-bellied sea eagles check it out and I've wondered but haven't hung around to find out what might happen.
Last week I had a Peregrine falcon showing a lot of interest and since it is the fastest bird in the world and kills by diving on prey (like ducks) and knocking them out of the air, I got out extra quick.

I live in Northern California,in the foot hills. When I fly around my property the buzzards start arriving. So for they just check it out. I have tried to chase them but they can easily outfly my Phantom. At least with me at the controls.

Meta4 said:
Yes Mako .. what bird was it?
I've already had an Australian magpie go mental over my P2+.
It was very angry with it 300 metres out to sea and had me doing all kinds of evasive action to escape.
He followed me all the way back in.
I've had Ospreys and White-bellied sea eagles check it out and I've wondered but haven't hung around to find out what might happen.
Last week I had a Peregrine falcon showing a lot of interest and since it is the fastest bird in the world and kills by diving on prey (like ducks) and knocking them out of the air, I got out extra quick.

Not sure what bird. Mid sized, black and not so happy.
I should of coursed locked and flown backwards to get some vids to identify it.

Does reflective mylar tape on the phantom work?
Does sticking eyes on the phantom work?

I recall drawing eyes on an icecream bucket to scare off Magpies..

Geese don't like survey tape. Don't know about your birds. Maybe some c/f props will send a message? :lol:

Thought it was just me..

I'm from Aus to... When I fly near this lonely tree in the middle of the park (big tree but no leaves) these 2 or 3 crows?? Fly out from the middle of no where and start attacking the Phantom. They fly directly towards it squawking then change directions right before they get to it. They don't seem to like me flying near there tree...

I avoid the tree now as blood/feathers doesn't sound like a good afternoon.

I know this wasn't meant to me a comical thread, but I have to thank y'all for the laugh. The mental images of you guys dog fighting birds with your Phantom just strikes my funny bone.

If you trade your Phantom in on one of these then you can have all kinds of fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU[/youtube]

cahutch said:
Dirty Bird said:
Be sure to keep an eye out for European swallows carrying coconuts... :shock:
Can they outfly a Phantom 2? What's their maximum airspeed?

Watch the movie " Monty Python and the Holy Grail " and all your questions are answered.

Could a scarecrow attached to the bird be a solution ?

myvrodrocks said:
A swallow?? How can a 3oz bird carry a 4 lb coconut?

As mentioned before, watch the movie " Monty Python and the Holy Grail " and all your questions are answered.

Well Here is mine took day before yesterday while I was on birding tour.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTWijpLjaQ[/youtube]
Unfortunately I had to take down as the phantom was disturbing the fresh migrants.

one of my first flights out, just a regular backbird or something started attaching my phantom.. its only happened that once, and i was straight above the street. no where near a nest.... very strange.

Scott I love this shot for sure. How lucky you are no attack and still you got front of the hawk superb shot.

I did a cool flight over a major nesting site on our lake this summer. Weirdly enough the birds mostly ignored the drone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guzj0nzCHJo[/youtube]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.