Angle for GoPro on 1080 video

Reaction score
I want to make new videos, but in the past I had trouble getting the gimble angle correct. Either too much or too little. I have a gopro 4 using 1080 setting for video. If I have it at Zero, then I see the props at the top of the video. If I have too much and it is not "forward" enough. I have no FPV so I have to look at the camera on the Phantom 2 and guess.

I can set the limit on my PC and wonder whats the best setting? I am guessing 10 to 15 degrees?

I want to make new videos, but in the past I had trouble getting the gimble angle correct. Either too much or too little. I have a gopro 4 using 1080 setting for video. If I have it at Zero, then I see the props at the top of the video. If I have too much and it is not "forward" enough. I have no FPV so I have to look at the camera on the Phantom 2 and guess.

I can set the limit on my PC and wonder whats the best setting? I am guessing 10 to 15 degrees?

Since you have no FPV go into the P2's software and in the advanced tab use the gimbal configuration vertical limit settings to the left until you have the degree of tilt you want. You can also use the medium or narrow so you will not see the props or left landing gear as well.

Personally you should invest the money in a FPV system as it makes flying a lot safer when you can see what the camera sees let alone the telemetry you receive like height, distance, battery, satellites and so much more.

Let me ask you this... I have an I-Phone 5C. Can that be used as FPV? I heard Ipod and I pads can, but I don't want to spend money on it for the kind of things I do.

Here is an example of what I did last year. This year when I go back, I want to make some changes to the video and need to get all the angles consistent.
If you look at the 2 bridge scenes (at 0:51) the first one is angled low and the next one is OK. I need to redo the first bridge scene, so it is the same angle as the 2nd one, then I can fade the scenes together.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I will just have to set the limit to 10 degrees, do a test flight, take the camera off, then look. If I see the props, then adjust and repeat...

Let me ask you this... I have an I-Phone 5C. Can that be used as FPV? I heard Ipod and I pads can, but I don't want to spend money on it for the kind of things I do.

Here is an example of what I did last year. This year when I go back, I want to make some changes to the video and need to get all the angles consistent.
If you look at the 2 bridge scenes (at 0:51) the first one is angled low and the next one is OK. I need to redo the first bridge scene, so it is the same angle as the 2nd one, then I can fade the scenes together.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I will just have to set the limit to 10 degrees, do a test flight, take the camera off, then look. If I see the props, then adjust and repeat...

The P2 operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz as does your iPhone 5c wifi the same goes for iPods and iPads. So the answer is no they cannot be used for FPV.

If you shoot in 1080p narrow you will not see the props or the left landing gear from the horizontal position. The plus side of shooting 1080p narrow is there's no fisheye to remove. As a videographer I have three and two of which the stock lens have been replace so there isn't and problems with fisheye, props or landing gear to crop out. Yes I use a FPV system as it makes lining shots while flying and not having to guess or land to adjust the camera angle. Of course the quad isn't the only tool I use either for video footage but it is the newest addition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers