Angel Oak Tree Gopro 3+

Reaction score
The giant Live Oak tree called the Angel Oak. Shot in 60p 1080 and slowed to half speed. I couldnt get more then 6 sats so gps mode would not work. This was my 11th flight with the Phantom.

Looks very good. Nice smooth steady shots. Can I ask did you put a tint on the video or is this straight out of the can?

Have you tried flying off the back of the boat yet?

I used the Gorpro Cine Studio software to edit. Shot in Protunes so it ads the filter to add contrast in software. I darkened it a bit and added a little vignette.

So nice to see someone getting up close to the subject with the phantom. Lovely use of movement and great detail. Works well with the music. Nobody knows how much longer that tree will manage to survive so you have captured a piece of its history with that film.

Very nice ! what's that green stuff on the tree (leaves?), been so long I forget what it looks like!!

gbshovel said:
Very nice ! what's that green stuff on the tree (leaves?), been so long I forget what it looks like!!

The Green Ferns you see are called Resurrection Ferns and unfold during fog or wet times. In the dry season they roll up and turn brown.

That was a great job. I shared with some friends who didn't understand the potential of the phantom.

Boozshey said:
That was a great job. I shared with some friends who didn't understand the potential of the phantom.

The potential for drones is massive, it is unfortunate that what people think of first is death and destruction thanks to the US military. There are so many amazing uses for drones to help mankind in ways never possible before.. Capturing this tree is the the tip of the iceberg.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub