Android updated go app.

Reaction score
Has anyone done any testing on this. I'm going to post a thread from a group I follow on Facebook.

Fly Aways...I have read about the issues with fly aways and bad location with the new dji go app and the lousy here maps. It has confused me because I have not seen that issue when flying my phantom and I am still seeing the google maps even though I am using the latest version of the app. This morning I was reading a bulletin board and a guy said the problem was that the new app comes with the china mainland maps turned on. I remembered that I changed all the settings as soon as I got the new app. So, I went in and changed the settings to the china mainland maps being turned on. I restarted the app and to my surprise there was the here map and my rc location was 1900 ft away from my actual location. I then put the settings back to the way they were and restarted the app...google map was back and rc location was spot on.

Could there be any truth to this. Haven't had time to look into it myself. Work keeps getting in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Several threads on this on this forum, and on the DJI forum. Short answer.. yes, there are significant problems reported when using DJI Go v3.1.2.
Search this forum for "home point bug".

Last edited:
I have read about this China Map item before ...

Personally - I have switched off Auto Updates and will stay with 2.9.1 and 3.0.1 (I have two Android tablets to choose from) until I see good App replace the 3.1.2

Nigel

I have read about this China Map item before ...

Personally - I have switched off Auto Updates and will stay with 2.9.1 and 3.0.1 (I have two Android tablets to choose from) until I see good App replace the 3.1.2

Nigel
I have rolled back my app to 2.9.1 and 1.7.9 firmware from watching your tests recently. I'll stay there until I see a positive change. Thanks solentlife for testing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic