Android Tablets

I've mostly been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4". Despite the great, bright screen, the sun is a cruel *****. I don't have a visor for it, but I do have an antiglare protector on it for now (which makes the screen less pretty outside of the sun, but usable when flying).

I don't think the tab s has a screen that makes it stand out against the current gen iPads in the hot Georgia sun (I'm comparing to my wife's iPad).

I agree the colours on the tab s 8.4 are very vibrant but I don't think its any brighter than my iPad (mini gen 1) I have as well.
Bright sun light will wash it out completely, I did also fit a matte screen on it to reduce the glare.

I have hopefully got an iPad mini gen 2 in transit to me so I can run the app on it and compare (apples with non fruit)
The ipad mini 2 has max brightness of 396 cd/m2 the and the Tab S max brightness of 542 cd/m2 fyi

That maybe true, I don't think apple publish the brightness, but I could be wrong.

That being said side by side outdoor in sun they both look the same.
Question is....did you have Auto Brightness set on Tab S ...because in manual brightness mode the tab gets LESS bright than it does set to auto brightness with the Auto brightness slider set to 10

**note 4 screen shot.....same setting on Tab S
Screenshot_2015-05-11-09-54-48.png

I would need to check but I do recall another thread on the P2 section that the recommendation was manual not auto to get the best out of it.

My first flight with the P3Pro today and I used my Google Tango developer tablet and the performance was excellent. Today was not super bright outside so I can't comment yet on sunlight performance, but I can definitely say I'll be wanting a sun shade soon.

I'll be testing in a few days with the Nexus 9 tablet (the Android 5.0.2 update killed my n9, but the Google Play Store shipped me a new one).

I can't recommend the Tango Development tablet, but I did really appreciate having cellular data directly to the tablet.

I'm guessing you won't be happy with the performance of that tablet. The screen resolution is pretty bad, and the CPU is on the low end of the spectrum.
Thanks for the reply.
The screen resolution is 800p and the live view is only 720p so although it's not high end, shouldn't it be fine for the live view?
As far as lag goes, what determines that? Is it just processor speed? Or are there other factors?

Thanks for the reply.
The screen resolution is 800p and the live view is only 720p so although it's not high end, shouldn't it be fine for the live view?
As far as lag goes, what determines that? Is it just processor speed? Or are there other factors?
Yeah live view will be fine I'd think from a resolution perspective. CPU + GPU determines Lightbridge "smoothness". Since the combo in that tablet is less than the one in the Nexus 7 II, which some say lags, I'd surmise it will lag. Unless you already own it, upgrade, otherwise try it out and upgrade according to your need.

Yeah live view will be fine I'd think from a resolution perspective. CPU + GPU determines Lightbridge "smoothness". Since the combo in that tablet is less than the one in the Nexus 7 II, which some say lags, I'd surmise it will lag. Unless you already own it, upgrade, otherwise try it out and upgrade according to your need.
Thanks bbfpv. CPU = GPU makes sense. I will look at the nVidia Sheild 8.

I've used my nexus 7;no lag ,could be a little brighter
Samsung 8" Tab A; resolution 1024 x 768 works with pilot app resolution, sad processor but no lag issues, screen better against glare and brighter than nexus
Samsung galaxy tab/pro, works great, lots of glare. 12" way to heavy for mount, working on fabricating a tray so I can fly w/o my reading glasses!

There are some serious bugs with the IOS version, mainly 3 things that I'm aware of.

1. Return to Home Height defaults to 0
2. No way to reset the active Home Point
3. The Firmware detects an Aircraft updated required unless you power up the RC Last.

1) I suspect this is being reported when the Pilot app is not connected to the P3. If correct, it's never reported correctly as it's stored in the Phantom.

2) I don't think it's a bug... I think its just not programmed into the app.

3) You _always_ want to power the Phantom up last. This way the controller and app are in control of the Phantom. You also _always_ want to power down the Phantom last. If you turn off the controller first, there is a slight possibility that the Phantom may think it's lost a connection and RTH.

Nexus 7 2013/ Nvidia Shield

I am leaning toward the shield I think.

I know this is an android thread but the question applied to all tablets.

Anyone feel free to answer. If you wanted to buy the best tablet for this and did not care how much it cost what would you buy?

I am leaning toward the shield I think.

I know this is an android thread but the question applied to all tablets.

Anyone feel free to answer. If you wanted to buy the best tablet for this and did not care how much it cost what would you buy?
Shield if you're in the Android camp, Air 2 otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik