Android tablets. Which one?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4 so need the Go 4 app. Due to less than perfect eyesight I need a tablet of a minimum of 8". The Samsung tab s 705c that is recommended doesn't seem to be available in the UK, so are the other S series tablets up to the job? What are the minimum requirements of any Android tablet to run DJI Go 4 with a P4. Would I be correct in thinking that any tablet with GPS, Minimum 1.9GHz CPU, & 2Gb RAM would do the job?. What else would be needed? as there are some other non brand name tablets around with a high spec & a whole lot cheaper.

I have a Phantom 4 so need the Go 4 app. Due to less than perfect eyesight I need a tablet of a minimum of 8". The Samsung tab s 705c that is recommended doesn't seem to be available in the UK, so are the other S series tablets up to the job? What are the minimum requirements of any Android tablet to run DJI Go 4 with a P4. Would I be correct in thinking that any tablet with GPS, Minimum 1.9GHz CPU, & 2Gb RAM would do the job?. What else would be needed? as there are some other non brand name tablets around with a high spec & a whole lot cheaper.

I'm seventy and wear bifocals. The tablet I use with my P4 is the Samsung TAB A 9.7" with the GO app and the Litchi app and I've had no problems with it at all. :)

I now have the Samsung Tab S sm t700. Bit frustrating because it came a week ago but the weather has been to naff to fly. It has cleared up for the morning & I can now confirm that This tablet works great with the P4 & Go4 app.:):)

Good morning lads. Hope you are well. Could you please take a minute and explain to an absolute beginner who has just taken delivery of a P4 the difference between the Litchi and DJI apps, and which one would be recommended ,
Thank you very much

Good morning lads. Hope you are well. Could you please take a minute and explain to an absolute beginner who has just taken delivery of a P4 the difference between the Litchi and DJI apps, and which one would be recommended ,
Thank you very much
Not entirely sure but there are some differences. For instance, in Litchi you can pre plan a complete waypoint flight without flying the coarse first like you have to in the DJI Go.

Thanks for the reply. I have since purchased the Litchi App. On first impression I think I have found that when I started my new Phantom 4 with the DJI App which meant I was flying with the safeguards of Novice settings, when I then used the Litchi App i was unable to change the safeguards for faster and larger flight distances.
So I re installed the DJI App to move from Novice , which is the thick bar at the top of the screen. I wont mind if i am proved wrong by a more experienced flyer.

To me anyway, but as I say there may be other more experienced users out there. From what I have read one does something the other doesn't, and the other has its own little bits the other one doesn't do. I have both now and I am going to purchase the Nvidia Sheild 8 in to work with both of them.

Thanks for the reply. I have since purchased the Litchi App. On first impression I think I have found that when I started my new Phantom 4 with the DJI App which meant I was flying with the safeguards of Novice settings, when I then used the Litchi App i was unable to change the safeguards for faster and larger flight distances.
So I re installed the DJI App to move from Novice , which is the thick bar at the top of the screen. I wont mind if i am proved wrong by a more experienced flyer.
I have both litchi and dji go4 and use litchi more so than the the go app. To use litchi for plotting missions, you will probably always exceed the 30mtr beginners mode and hence the main difference between the two apps. You still need the go app for the occasional firmware upgrades as they roll out and these are important for the basic set up of the drone. The bulk of the other settings such as RTH commands, distance and height, obstacle avoidance etc are all there in litchi. Don't run both apps at the same time i.e shut down the app you are not using when running the other.

Thanks for the reply.
So I would be right in saying that I cannot change from a novice setting chosen on the DJI App when I am using the Litchi App?

I just had a look through litchi and I cannot find a beginners/novice mode.
I think my problem was that I set it at Novice in the DJI app then used the Litchi app and I presume the settings were kept in the quad, so I was restricted to 30 metres while using the Litchi app would that be correct?

Reactions: Pharm
I think my problem was that I set it at Novice in the DJI app then used the Litchi app and I presume the settings were kept in the quad, so I was restricted to 30 metres while using the Litchi app would that be correct?
Yes the settings are saved in the drone when everything is connected up so if you lose signal etc, the drone can RTH or continue on a mission for example. As for the beginners mode being saved when swapping from either app, I don't know, never tried it. Switch it off and see how it flies.

Yes the settings are saved in the drone when everything is connected up so if you lose signal etc, the drone can RTH or continue on a mission for example. As for the beginners mode being saved when swapping from either app, I don't know, never tried it. Switch it off and see how it flies.
I'll try that. I only thought that because you don't have the choice to change it in the Litchi app , it was kept at Novice because I set it up like that in the DJI app at the beginning

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan