Android tablet

Reaction score
Ok I read the specs about android 4.1.2 or later. I bought An Acer Iconia one 8 that has 4.4.4. I bought it refurbished because i wanted to spend less than 100 bucks.
I wnt to download the DJI go app and it says my device is not compatable. I emailed DJI and got a response the was cut and pasted from the handful of mostly android phones that are compatable and no help as to why the Acer wasnt.

Ive seen people liking nvidea shield but seems expensive. Any suggestions?

No, i havent tried that, i just went through google play site, can you give me more info? I am not familiar with that procedure

Awesome, thank you. Yes the app definately does a lot. I just wish DJI, as much as I love their product, I wish just a couple things were clearer, they could list "suggested processor speed/ram as well as the android version, the other thing thst bugs me is the RTH altitude is in meters, i can do everything else in feet, why cant i set that in feet?
Thanks for the help.
I absolutely LOVE my Phantom 3 Standard!!!

Meters is easy peasy...1 meter = 3.3 feet. 3.3 feet x 100 meters = 330 feet. ;)

***EDIT*** And no common core was used.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have re-purposed and dedicated a 2 year-old, fairly low-end tablet for flying. It works fine with both DJI Go and Litchi. That should give you an idea on the HW specs required to run either apps.

Lenovo A7-30 A3300 - Specs here: Lenovo A7-30 A3300 - Full tablet specifications

Previously, I use my phone (Sony Xperia Z3 Dual), which is a flagship model, for flying. As far as flying my P3S, I really can't tell any performance difference between it and the Lenovo. But the 7-inch screen is a welcome upgrade.

I was fed up killing my battery on my iPhone, so I got a archos xenon 80 from Currys pc world for £80.
It's a 8 inch tab with gps and has duel sims.
It runs android 5 jellybean.
I only use it for the phantom.
Screen is ok, and l've had no problems with the app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just wanted to pass on a big thank you to the help with side lpading the DJI GO app on my Acer Iconia One 8, I bought it refurbidhed from Acer on Ebay. It came with a power cord, and lools brand new.
I got the app to load the other day, but today was the first time flying with it. I bought the tablet mount and the chrome bracket that screws on to the lanyard hook.
These items were bought at Heli Direct, im 25 minutes from there so I drove to make sure I got the right parts, both items are about 45bucks together, but it is amazing how solid the tablet and controller feel

Reactions: Squirrel!
I got the nexus 7 2013 model for a hundred bucks, sunshade, inspire mount mod, works great except all i see on sunny days when i look at it is my reflection, not a pretty sight, just bought an anti glare cover for it. I am going to pull the trigger on litchi and see how that fares on the nexus.

I was fed up killing my battery on my iPhone, so I got a archos xenon 80 from Currys pc world for £80.
It's a 8 inch tab with gps and has duel sims.
It runs android 5 jellybean.
I only use it for the phantom.
Screen is ok, and l've had no problems with the app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
i have archos 80c xenon but it wont pick up the satellites ,it has the 3g capability but wont pick up any ,can you help ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4