Android Tablet - Help???

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking to get an android tablet as I'm going to Litchi. I have absolutely no idea about Android... Help? What do you recommend? What features should I look for?

I'd get a tablet that has GPS just in case you want to use any features that require the Phantom to know where you're located (e.g. follow me). Most Android tablets have GPS. Other than that, get a tablet that'll work best for you size-wise.

You can find a list of tablets that work well with DJI GO here. I'd get something on that list since you'll probably have to use DJI GO sometimes too.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Should I also be looking for something with a barometer sensor as well?

Nope. You only need Wi-Fi and GPS (optional) on your tablet.

My Samsung S5 phone has been working fine. But the other day, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" for other reasons. So of course, I had to try it with my P3P. It works perfectly! I use the phone's hot spot with the tablet's WiFi, and everything is great. I love the big screen, though it's a little large (it does fit) and heavy for the RC. I'll probably buy the same model tablet in the 8" size for dedicated Phantom use at some point in the future.

Visual Land Prestige Elite 10Q Tab - ME10Q8KCBLK

I use one very similar to this one. No GPS, I am OK without it. Maybe for follow me?

It is a dedicated unit. was about $75.00 delivered when I ordered it. Stays with the machine. I printed a mount for the control. I can't think of anything I am missing with it. It was cheap, it works with the furnished app, and I am using ultimate flight app and it works also.

Hundreds cheaper than some other options, very large screen, about 4 hours of run time. It depends on what you want.

It is also nice to be able to take the card out of the bird and review it on the same device you fly with, not sure how the IPAD works for that, I think you can get an adaptor?

Last edited:
I use a Neutab G7. It was $99 when I bought it but now it's $89. Five stars on Amazon. It works great with Litchi although the Litchi crashes almost every flight after a minute or two but reconnects effortlessly and never crashes twice. It has GPS. My only wish is that it had more on board memory. This has 4 GB (I added a 32 GB SD card), but more memory built in would make it more seamless.

I have a galaxy tab A and the app always crashes. DJI aren't updating it for the p2v+ apparently. So disappointed.

Well I was thinking Litchi had made it to iOS but sadly, don't think there is P2V+ any longer! Back to the android search

Use Litchi with a Galaxy S4 and S5 and sometimes go big with a Samsung Tab S 10.5. You can buy adapters made by 3d printers online that will hold a bigger tablet then what the original controller clamp holds.

Both the Nexus 7 and the Asus ZenPad 8" work well.

I understand that litchi. Own has IOS app. Haven't verified this just second hand info

Both the Nexus 7 and the Asus ZenPad 8" work well.
hi, i was thinking in getting the asus ZenPad 8.0 8" on ebay #33170058710, is this the same that you have? will it work with the DJI GO app?
thank you for your help

hi, i was thinking in getting the asus ZenPad 8.0 8" on ebay #33170058710, is this the same that you have? will it work with the DJI GO app?
thank you for your help
Has worked with both the DJI and Litchi apps I have installed. I haven't tried the go app so not sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj