Android new DJI GO App Good and Bad News

Reaction score
Just tried out the new DJI GO App and it flew like a champ up until my last 5 seconds then it crashed (app). But for the good news, at my house in the city I flew it where previously I could only get 3000 feet at best, I flew it out to 7000 feet in one direction and I got nervous so I turned around. I flew it back and went 6000 feet in the other direction with full signal, before I got a battery warning. Anyway when I first started flying I just hovered for 5 minuets taking pictures. So in short, range and signal were great but it still crashed at the end. I have my device were it is not caching video but next time Ill try to put it into airplane mode. I am using the latest firmware and using Note 3.

Can't wait until I fly it at my camp where I have gone 6000 feet previously. I'll let you guys know how I do.

Here is the video sped up a 1000%. Let me know how my fellow Android users are doing with the New GO app. Make sure you mention what android device you are using.

Reactions: Fplvert
Quick flight today out to 2500 feet just to test it out. Full signal on both. app ran great on note 4 but it was for only about 10 mins.

I am experiencing too much lag on Note 3 after the recent update. Does anyone know what could be the problem? There was lag on the pilot app as well but on the GO I cannot fly while looking on the screen only.

Mine kept crashing after a few minutes of flight yesterday, flew the P3 for about 45 mins to 1hr yesterday evening. App bugged out, every time it bugged out I had to land and switch off the P3, clear RAM etc to get visual back on the phone.

Using my Note 4, however It may have been a dodgy update as it was the DJI Go app with the UI but still showed DJI Pilot icon, deleted the cache and data then un-installed and installed again, don't think I will get the chance to fly today as the heavens opened up over here in London.

One thing for sure, the video transmission is a lot smoother.

I am experiencing too much lag on Note 3 after the recent update. Does anyone know what could be the problem? There was lag on the pilot app as well but on the GO I cannot fly while looking on the screen only.

shankhan.....before every flight I "CLEAR MEMORY" on my phone. Hold down the home key for a few seconds, then on the bottom left click the little pie chart, then select RAM and click CLEAR MEMORY on the bottom. My Note 3 on the Pilot app used to lag once after flying for 10 minuets. Also you my want to turn off "Cache locally when recording" in the GO app.

Mine kept crashing after a few minutes of flight yesterday, flew the P3 for about 45 mins to 1hr yesterday evening. App bugged out, every time it bugged out I had to land and switch off the P3, clear RAM etc to get visual back on the phone.

Using my Note 4, however It may have been a dodgy update as it was the DJI Go app with the UI but still showed DJI Pilot icon, deleted the cache and data then un-installed and installed again, don't think I will get the chance to fly today as the heavens opened up over here in London.

One thing for sure, the video transmission is a lot smoother.

I'm experiencing what I think is the same thing. On my Nexus 6 the Pilot App used to crash but upon restart I could get it to reconnect. On the DJI Go it will disconnect and then crash, but upon restart I can't find a way to get the video transmission back without restarting my P3. Anyone found a solution to this? I think I lost a video I was recording due to this as well...

I'm experiencing what I think is the same thing. On my Nexus 6 the Pilot App used to crash but upon restart I could get it to reconnect. On the DJI Go it will disconnect and then crash, but upon restart I can't find a way to get the video transmission back without restarting my P3. Anyone found a solution to this? I think I lost a video I was recording due to this as well...

Yep same issues.

I lost a recording video too.

I did the following and seems to have resolved the issue (took the P3 out yesterday evening and flew for about 15-20mins without the app crashing or bugging out).

SETTING>
APPLICATIONS>
APPLICATION MANAGER>
DOWNLOADED>
DJI GO APP>
Cleared Cache and Cleared Data
Then uninstalled the app then re-installed from Play store and has been good so far, will fly for longer tomorrow and give you more update.

Reactions: AlmostTan
Yep same issues.

I lost a recording video too.

I did the following and seems to have resolved the issue (took the P3 out yesterday evening and flew for about 15-20mins without the app crashing or bugging out).

SETTING>
APPLICATIONS>
APPLICATION MANAGER>
DOWNLOADED>
DJI GO APP>
Cleared Cache and Cleared Data
Then uninstalled the app then re-installed from Play store and has been good so far, will fly for longer tomorrow and give you more update.

I will give this a try, and will greatly appreciate if you post your upcoming results back too!

Today I made the update from DJI pilot to DJI Go on a samsung S4
No issues with pilot and no issues with Go except that when i land my P3 and turn it off i coudnt close the DJI Go app on my phone....
Lets see again next time!!!

Reactions: Kery24
Is that the brand new Go App, the version just released today?

Yup, already...

RedHotPoker

Another Android version was released today? Through Play Store or DJI website?

I will give this a try, and will greatly appreciate if you post your upcoming results back too!

@AlmostTan

So I took my P3 out for a fly this evening, went to my local park.

It was quite windy at times (bursts of wind) so I could see that the P3 was trying to hold its position which it was but with the slightest drifts.

Ok back to the app, I took the P3 out to about 400m-500m away from me/take off point and at about 120m - 130m altitude, I noticed it had slight lag on visual at that distant but not much of a big issue as I'm still getting signal/visual which was good enough as atleast I was getting visual on the phone, however everytime I got the low battery 30% warning, the app froze and I did'nt try restarting it and bring it back to life as I had LOS, reason being is its now come to a point, where if I'm still in control of the P3 I don't bother trying to bring the app back on due to having LOS.

I used 3 batteries in total and had around an hours worth of flight, now if I did not have LOS I most likely would of panicked and tried to get tge DJI GO app back up and if all failed I would of just RTH'd, however 90% of the time I have LOS and I'm just so frustrated and fed up with the DJI apps that since I still be in control of the P3 I just dont bother anymore.

So the verdict being the DJI GO app still freezes, however only when the low batt on the P3 flags up on the phone screen and not half way/2-3 mins through flying like the DJI Pilot app used to.

It feels a lot better though compared to the Pilot app (don't ask how and why lol, it just does)

Tomorrow I'm going down to Bournemouth beach in the UK and will be flying it around, want to take some nice pics/videos of the beach, sea and the whole family.

Will have my lil cousins ipad with with me as a failsafe and if the Android app keeps P!$$|N& me off.

I can't believe DJI making all that money from sales and they can't seem to get a stupid app to work properly, I can understand on earlier android phones or tablets with low spec but come on DJI its a Note 4 for gods sake, sort it out.

Reactions: DMac
My Note 3 is not crashing anymore, but I religiously clear the phones cache and fly in airplane mode along with not caching video setting in the GO App. With the latest firmware I'm getting awesome distance (12,000 feet) in the country! On a down note...... my Flight Record does not work at all and does not show any old or new flights.

I'm gonna follow the instructions of @D4T_PoM above and give it another try.

Ive got maybe 20 flights on mine now with the newest GO version and my Galaxy Tab 3. Its done great. No crashes, no unexpected lag, similar range. Nothing to complain about at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl